storing fuschias over winter

Sponsored Links
They are hardy plants and shouldn't need any special treatment - assuming they're fairly well established.

Sponsored Links
I expect that you're talking about the non-hardy variety (which includes just about all large-flowered fuchsias.

If you have a frost-free greenhouse, wait until the first frost knocks all of the leaves off (and the bugs with them), cut them down by half and put them in the greenhouse. If you want to be picky, repot them first in the smallest pot you can cram them into. Keep them just moist until spring.

If you don't have anywhere indoors, dig a deepish hole somewhere it won't waterlog and put them in as above. Cover with straw if possible then earth.

Remember to keep the labels with them.

Actually rooted fuchsia cuttings only cost between 50p and £1 in a garden centre so maybe not worth the bother of keeping them?

They are giant flowered american hybrids, so not hardy types, I'll put them in my conservatory...........many thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back