Strange Issue with Single Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently renovated and moved into a bungalow.

I've replaced all of the central heating system with new radiators and a new combi boiler.

Strange issue I have is that when I turn the central heating on, all of the radiators get hot however, within 30 minutes of all the radiators getting to the hottest temp, the only single radiator in the house automatically goes off and goes luke warm. All of the other radiators stay hot for the entire time the heating is on.

When I turn the heating off, the single radiator instantly gets hot again before cooling down.

Any ideas what this could be?

Sponsored Links
How is that rad piped into the CH system ? T off another rad ?

Have you tried balancing the rads ?

I'm not entirely about which way the system goes but I don't believe its the first one on the system. It's one of the last I think but its a bungalow so all of the pipes just go into the loft and then down again to each radiator.

As for balancing, I've got no idea about that and what needs doing.

Apologies but I'm a big DIY novice!!

HI Try this link
it will give you a idea on how to go about it or search google it will be easier then me trying to explain.
Have searched Wiki

Sponsored Links
If it's a new system then I'd be getting the installer back to rectify, you should have a warranty on the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back