Strange Noise at high temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 418, about 2 years old. When it's heating water, it behaves and sounds normal up to about 65c. Over 65c it makes a whirling, vibrating and maybe resonating dull noise which gets louder as the temperature gets towards 70c. As a test, I turned the temperature dial down to 65c and it sounds ok, when I turned it up to 75c, the noise was quite loud to the point you'd struggle to talk over it.

It was recently serviced, with the guy suggesting something wasn't right, but it passed all its tests. He suspected gas valve was misbehaving. What has made me more suspicious is that when reading the meter today, I got a very slight smell of gas near the boiler flue.

I've video'd the Noise today if that helps.

I'm getting in touch with Vaillant, but any advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back