Streaming to blueray player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know how to stream my ultraviolet movies to my LG blueray, I can watch them on my iPhone n iPad but having a problem streaming through my smart tv via blueray, yes I know there is a hard copy but I have given that to a family member as I have no need as its ultraviolet, I have been told to go through vudu but cannot find it on my LG apps, anyone out there could help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have two LAN hard drives one will only work with PC's and the like the other "Maxtor" can be configured to be used directly by Bluray Player. It's all down to software and hardware built into your server.

For other drives I have to use PC as access point.

Making sure that the Blu-ray player is Ultraviolet compatible would be good start. That, or finding an app for the BD player that allows UV playback.

The problem is trying to find an AP to watch it on, you pay that bit extra for this, then find out its useless, I'm told to use a number of different APS such as vudu etc, but unless I move to the USA, its useless,[/b]

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about buying an Apple TV3 and using the mirroring feature. What you watch on iPod/iPad can be ported over to the ATV3 connected to your TV.

I've just bought 2 new BR players and a 3D tv so purse empty, anyway streaming should be available somehow,

I wonder if I could have these people under the trade discription act, as you pay for it but don't get it, there must be some manufacturer out ther who has apps to watch UV[/code]

If UV compatibility was/is important then it would have paid you to do a little more homework on the BR players. Sony would have been perhaps a better choice. They committed to supporting UV in the UK.

I know it is frustrating, but the industry isn't yet fully committed to UV. On the one hand you have the film companies who want to keep selling shiny silver discs. They need something to compete with the online only version of the future world presented by Netflix and Lovefilm. UV is their answer, or it would be if universally supported. Except it isn't. Some film companies are still sitting on the fence. Disney has said it wants its own service.

Then you have the TV manufacturers, most of whom have no interest in what the film companies want. Until the film companies sort themselves out then why should the TV manufacturers invest in supporting UV?

Then there's the issue of quality. The UK still has capped broadband services for many subscribers. So in order to make streaming viable the file size has to be kept small and so this affects quality. That's not an issue if watching on a tablet or phone. But do I really want that on my 40"+ TV?

Add to the above the idea that retailers will be responsible for providing the portal for cloud streaming.... Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Conclusion: it's all just a bit messy. Is it any wonder there's scant support?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back