Stripping skirting board : should I give up?

Eco Solutions is the worst of the lot. Complete load of rubbish.

Any pro knows that you don't WANT to strip paint anyway. You use the existing surface as a sandable primer/undercoat. You don't WANT to take it off.

It's pretty clear that the spammers are in the forum trying to push their rubbish eco solutions stripper.

Sponsored Links
Can't see what the problem with Nitromors is? Bit of a smell ok But theres lots worse stuff like caustic soda~~~ pair of rubber gloves and be sensible no probs. Safe in the right hands ;)
Afraid I just cant wait overnight. Stripped a pinted exterior oak door recently with nitromor's and was able to put primer on before I went home.

One thing I am learning is that professionals often do things differently from amateurs, not necessarily because their way is per se better, but because it is quicker and time is money.

Any pro knows that you don't WANT to strip paint anyway. You use the existing surface as a sandable primer/undercoat. You don't WANT to take it off.

It's pretty clear that the spammers are in the forum trying to push their rubbish eco solutions stripper.

2nd para, yes thats what I said, it was the OP who said he wanted to strip originally.

Are you not supposed to push products here then?

I'm no spammer, just an amateur who is doing up his house after removing the original 60's decor, and my observations were based on using three or four brands of paint stripper including Nitromors and Eco Solutions. The latter is not rubbish in my experience. Of course it is possible that it does not work on some paints, but it was fantastic on a door and architrave with white gloss paint on.

As I mentioned earlier, I learnt the hard way that sanding usually beats stripping hands down. I suppose we all learn by our mistakes.

Sponsored Links

I'm no spammer, just an amateur who is doing up his house after removing the original 60's decor, and my observations were based on using three or four brands of paint stripper including Nitromors and Eco Solutions. The latter is not rubbish in my experience. Of course it is possible that it does not work on some paints, but it was fantastic on a door and architrave with white gloss paint on.

As I mentioned earlier, I learnt the hard way that sanding usually beats stripping hands down. I suppose we all learn by our mistakes.

so far then for this eco stuff

1. above poster says fantastic on white gloss
2. I bubbled up white gloss at home tonight with it
3. today it fetched off white gloss from a boat rail
4. stripped green paint from metal building shed cladding easily
plus my previous experiences which were mostly positive.

I think these products have moved on. Certainly they are safe to use unlike Nitromores type but theres a knack to getting the best out of them.

No, not every paint finish needs stripping, we're all agreed with that. Are they crap? Plainly no. Am I spamming - anyone who thinks so report me to the mods and I gaurentee I can convince them i'm not.

Just trying to help a wider audience here :)

Am I spamming - anyone who thinks so report me to the mods and I gaurentee I can convince them i'm not.

Just trying to help a wider audience here :)

I hope this is okay to post, but here is my web site:

http://www.leifgoodwin.co.uk/Fungi/Fungi.html

Others can form their own opinion as to whether or not I am a newcomer to decorating who has found a product that worked, or a spammer. Mods please feel free to delete if you don't want a link to my web site.

2nd para, yes thats what I said, it was the OP who said he wanted to strip originally.

Are you not supposed to push products here then?

No - clear off.

lmao :D Joe you'll have to better than that, its water off a ducks back. If you have a rethink, I can do 5L for £48.00 - thats fantastic value...

And in my experience Eco Solutions spreads better and goes further than Nitromors and a blue hair gel like stuff I also tried. Then again, I'm no more than a spammer. :LOL:

lmao :D Joe you'll have to better than that, its water off a ducks back. If you have a rethink, I can do 5L for £48.00 - thats fantastic value...

It's rubbish though. Anyone that's tried it will know that.

Then again, I'm no more than a spammer. :LOL:

True.

I have used this product numerous times and found it to work. I don't need to be insulted by you. Can't you cope with other people reporting their experiences without having to abuse and/or bully them? Learn some manners you arrogant and rude person. :rolleyes:

The normal polite way for you to behave would be to describe your experiences with this product and others, not to verbally abuse people and make childish and uninformative remarks such as "it's rubbish". What have you used it one? When did you use it?

I am not a spammer. And I find your posts offensive.

False. I have tried it numerous times and it worked brilliantly, much better than Nitromors. As I have stated many times here. Can't you rad. :rolleyes:

False. I have tried it numerous times and it worked brilliantly, much better than Nitromors. As I have stated many times here. Can't you rad. :rolleyes:

I would disgagree that its better than nitromores though. In terms of removing paint,aside of health implications the only disadvatage of nitromores is that it evapourates too qquickly after application. The whole point of this discussion which watchers hopefully havnt missed is that nitromores typr strippers are dangerous to use from a health point of view whereas eco is safe. Therefore at least from a diy point of view abd cerauinly from a health point of view, eco is an excellent product for certain tasks within the home - hence why I would recommend it on DIY forum.

To say eco is crap full stop is just untrue and is misinformation.

If you have say 6 interior panelled doors in situ at home that you need to strip of heavy paint and dont want dipped, using nitromore is totally dangerous whereas eco isnt. If eco strips albeit a more tedious and messy and longer why would you use nitromores?????

nitromore strippers are not banned in the US for no reason....

The only way I now use nitromore stype stripper is outside with a wind blowing. There are no masks that work againt it apart from airfed and thats according to 3M not me.....

I can only say that in my experience it is better than Nitromors, so it would be interesting to know what you find it is not so good on. I'm only an amateur, so I've not used it on much. As I indicated earlier, Eco Solutions is slower, but if left overnight then it does a better job (in my limited experience), probably because as you indicate it does not dry so fast, so it can carry on acting for longer. In fact it can leave the wood damp, and I assume the wood should be left to dry out. Pros might not like it because it is slow, and the wood possibly needs to dry out. So if you are a pro decorator in a hurry, it might well be rubbish. But for home use, it's good.

Shall we now all have a big argument about which scrapers are best, and which plaster filler to use? I like Gyproc Easi-fill. Or am I just pushing a product? :D

Never met a pro yet that didn't think it was rubbish. The pair of you are only here to push your wares - ie spamming the forum. You'll be banned soon enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back