Struggling to drain sealed water system...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have found two points to drain our heating. Its been nearly two hours now and water is still very slowly dribbling out. It's a sealed system and the upstairs rads are empty but the downstairs ones are full still.

All the upstairs bleed valves are open?! Why the heck is the waster so slow!? Is this normal.

Sponsored Links
Two of the downstairs ones are open... all the other leak if I open them. :(

21 radiator system. Maybe I'll just leave it dribbling... :S

It should be faster though.

Sponsored Links
Ah it'll be the lock shields. FFS this is a nightmare. It's taken me MONTHS to balance this damned system so I don't want to touch those. Aaaagh..... The only reason I'm doing this is because one of the rads in the bedroom wakes up up every morning chugging and gurgling at us but there doesn't seem to be any air in the system. The bloody system has been powerflushed and black sh!t just came out one of the rads I opened to allow me to put inhibitor in. I just can't win. Whats more its just as useless as when we had the open vented G rated 80's boiler.

I'm gona put the inhibitor in and fill it back up. :(

The annoying thing is that no plumbers want to even look at this damned system. :'(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back