Stud wall Partition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought some 4x2 for a stud wall partition in a garage, to make a utility room. The wood i bought had just been delivered to the timber yard, and was soaking wet. I seperated it on batons, on the garage floor for a week, to let it dry out. I'm half way thro, but am a tad worried that its still quite damp in the middle. (its not drenched, but as I nail it, moisture is forced out by the nail)
I'm sure most wood is damp, but should I leave the stud un-cladded for a week to let it dry, or get on with the plasterboard etc.

Sponsored Links
turnerfeck said:
I'm sure most wood is damp, but should I leave the stud un-cladded for a week to let it dry, or get on with the plasterboard etc.
It's best to if you can, depending how wet the timber is as you may find the plasterboards suck the moisture into the plasterboards. It will take longer in this weather we'll having now. A heater in the room will help. I know it's too late but I normally bring the timber indoors to dried it out !

Is the wood tanislized?

IF NOT i would not have bought it.All tanislized timber is left out in the yard but untreated softwood or hardwood should not be alloud to get wet.This is normally kept inside the buiding .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back