STUPID ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Don't ask why, as I'm not sure myself really! I have just built a wooden framed building and have not put in any damp course (wood bolted directly to concrete slab.) Does anyone know if I can somehow use a cream injectable damp proof course or any other method to stop the timber rotting within a few months? Please don't bother to tell me.. I know I am a **** ! :( :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Hi Himaginn

The slab was previously laid , so I don't know and cannot see any evidence, but I suspect not.

Can you unbolt the timber frame and jack up the building slightly?
How big is the building? What is it, a shed, a conservatory, a house?

Sponsored Links
Its a large shed but also fixed into the side of our bungalow, so not really able to jack up.
I wondered if I drilled holes in the beam that was bolted to the slab as far down as the concrete then injected the cream dpc it would spread under the beam? Also didn't know if the cream was suitable for use on pressure treated timber as far as chemicals go? Failing that I might just do the same and use something like thompsons water seal? Unless there is another suitable liquid you know that will soak into the wood/ slab enough to make me a suitable dpc?

Why did you do this?

Undo the bolts, and the sole plate will lever up enough for you to slide in some DPC or lead in small sections.

Hi Woody

Please see the first few words of my post.

Thank you for your advice.

I joined this forum for useful advice. I have already admitted my error. Other unhelpful comments serve no purpose.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Or you could submerge the base permanently underwater, it will not deteriorate provided it remains submerged, oh wait a minute the studs would be a problem then. Ahh hang on, maybe submerge the whole building underwater?

Why not just read the post, say to yourself what a dick & he already knows that, & then move on, why post comments that serve no purpose except to your ego.
You will know if this refers to you.

Even if it's bolted the house, being timber frame you'll be able to lever it up a few mill to get a Dpc under. Can you still get at the bolts holding the sole plate down?

I joined this forum for useful advice. I have already admitted my error. Other unhelpful comments serve no purpose.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Go down to B&Q and get some stuff to paint on.

It will be white and red powder, and brush it on to your face to make a nice big smiley clown face. It will make you laugh, and go some way to deal with that lack of sense of humour.

While you are there, pick up some DPC.

Oh, and BTW .... Why?

And my afternoon is going great thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back