Summer house in Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have asked hubby to build me 2 summerhouses (to avoid B Regs) in the garden 5x6m & 7x4, so far so good but tbh I am rather anxious :unsure: :rolleyes:

He has done foundations @700mm & filled to top with concrete (over ordered, bad on my part) :confused: Concrete base has been done 150mm over hardcore base (150mm binded with sand 200mm, then DPM & 25mm insulation) and he's now doing single skin block work, but I swear it looks pist/****ed??

So i have several queries....Is single skin ok? Doe's he need to put piers in as I have seen in over similar posts than brick reinforcing coil will cut the need for piers, if so would you use this on each course?? My main issue is keepin cost low as so far it's cost over 2k & looks to be over my budget of 5k once the roof is on & it's finished inside :oops: Are there any techniques to starting the horizontal plumb line? I think putting nails in is moving the two end/corner blocks.

I hope some one can reassure me :) If you have any other tips/ advice please feel free to offer them (over than get a builder to do it) ;)

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome jodski :D :D :D

you need to establish the original house footprint as built or before 1947 remove this from the garden size then this is the garden area
you now have 50% to play with any extensions garages decking areas or other structures come off your permitted rights

have you worked out your original house footprint and taken that from the full land size ??

Summer house? Sounds more like a concrete block shed to me.

Sponsored Links
Sheds with beds. Don't they know there's a a crackdown on the way? :rolleyes:

So what do you think it is then dopey? Two summer houses? FFS - :rolleyes:

Gullible or what. :rolleyes:

So what do you think it is then dopey? Two summer houses? FFS - :rolleyes:

Gullible or what. :rolleyes:

You are insane. You accused me of the same when I had a thread about an outbuilding a few months back. You have nothing constructive to add but just accuse everybody who wants to make an outbuilding of harbouring illegal immigrants.

You are either a senile old man or a paranoid pyschotic

You should write a book mate. You could call it 'indus's adventures in la-la land'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe too late, but why not make it out of timber.

Far easier to make for a DIY job, and less lugging around of materials, possibly cheaper.

And you can put insulation between the studs, keeping the wall slim and maximising space, then just finish it off with timber/tile/brickslip cladding (with a cavity).

Also, when you get done for having sheds with beds and are told to rip them down, or you get bored of them, it's a lot easier to dismantle the buildings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back