Summerhouse on Slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at building a summerhouse(9 foot x 11 foot)

2.5m height, as its within 1 metre of a fence.

It's on a slope say 65cm difference from top to bottom.

Now I know the height of the summerhouse is taken from the highest point of adjacent ground, and I presume the cement base at this point is part of the building height. so summerhouse can only be say 2.4metres height plus 10cm base.

Obviously the cement base will be 75cm high at the bottom. Is that allowed on planning permission rules (or even viable) as the planning portal also states no raised platform/decking over 300mm.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Aha so because it is referenced as a height in the document, presume that is why it applies, cheers for that.

This might be an alternative to concrete:

http://www.durabase.co.uk/

You can get just a base structure without all of the dwarf wall gubbins you'd have for a conservatory.

INHI what they cost, but it has to be easier than all that concrete.

Sponsored Links
They are quite pricey, but as you said it's an easier solution. I'm after a base that will really last as we are putting a posh summer house on top, hence first thoughts some form of cement.

It'll be about 5m³ of concrete - you might like to ask on the Building forum about the practical realities of dealing with that much, how the sub-base would need to be prepared, how strong the shuttering would need to be, how long it will take to cure etc.

And another thing - if you just have a slab sitting on a slope, what's to stop it sliding downhill? I think if you want a concrete base you might need proper foundations, at least along the downhill edge, and they'd have to be designed to resist lateral forces.

Or do something like this:

//www.diynot.com/forums/roofing-guttering/roof-for-new-shed-cabin.401866/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back