Sunvic Select xl not firing up the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sunvic select xl programmer/timer for my central heating system (oil fired), over the last few weeks its been giving problems when I go to turn the heating on '1HR' button etc. I had a plumber come out & look at it and from what he can see its to do with the electrics/programmer (SS xl) boiler looks fine but no elec current going to it. My brother has also had a look and if he by passes the programmer he can get the burner to fire up but when he tries again usuing the 1 hr button nothing happens.

Note - the lights, display etc are all working fine on it. When we press it on the red lights do come on but it hasnt fired up the boiler and hence no heating?! Is there anything I can do or do I need a new programmer??

Regards

Sponsored Links
It needs proper diagnosis by someone familiar with heating wiring.
It could easily be a fault with a motorised valve or t/stat and not the programmer.
What other controls do you have on the heating/hotwater/boiler?

Thanks for the reply, I dont have any other controls..

But I have an update in that when I take the Sunvic Sel off the wall and expose the wiring, I run the live feed onto the heating side of the switch (thereby bypassing the actual timer) and it fires up the boiler and heats the Rads...

Does this mean that the SS xl is dead or is the little battery on the back off it flat? or..... ??

Basically having found out the above it means the problem lies solely with the programmer (SS xl) BUT this does display all its functions and the red lights etc come on when I hit the '1HR' or 'ADV' buttons (It goes through all the motions but just wont fire the burner up)

Again, I appreciate the quick replies. Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back