Super glue???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In desperate need of advice here peeps, some kind joker keeps on using the above product in the locks on the roller shutter doors. Does anybody know if there`s anything readily available that dissolves this product or not. Thought about an electric roller shutter but the thing is the powers turned of at night (its a joiners workshop, insurance and all that) so that options a no go. Doesn`t look good to our customers when we turn up 4 hours late because we`ve been waiting for a lock smith. Many thank
PS I think i`ve heard that if you pour superglue onto dried SG that can work anybody knows if this is true

Sponsored Links
why not once youve got it working propely assuming your talking about the shutter put somthing like vasaline[petrolium jelly]on to all surfaces that overlap

or if its a lock try flooding it with oil as superglue needs clean grease free surfaces to stick

or possibly if you push vaseline into the key hole with your finger any attempt at supergle will just run out

i suggest petrolium jelly because i dont think it will stain perminantly or hurt if it gets onto little fingers and into mouths or eyes

I thought hot water dissolved ordinary superglue. Or did someone lie to me?

Sponsored Links
Because human skin is naturally moist, full of ridges and very porous, a user of cyanoacrylate glue may find himself an involuntary participant in the bonding process. It is not unusual for super glue users to bond their fingertips together or become stuck to the project. While the effects may seem permanent at the time, most cyanoacrylate glue products can be dissolved with acetone (nail polish remover) or even hot water. There are also commercial super glue removers available from leading cyanoacrylate glue manufacturers. Any residue should wear off naturally as body oils break down the bonds.

copied from:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cya...oacrylateglue_ad=029601&_search_kw=super glue

Super glue damage to plastics is usually permanent as it disolves the surface.

Once your locks are superglue free, lubricate them with silicon oil, this can be obtained off the net, or a model shop that sells racing cars, it's sold as damper fluid.
I doubt if anything would stick in the presence of silicone.

Wotan

Once you have sorted the problem of the superglue out, it might be a good idea to invest in some cctv surveillance equipment. I'm sure you can buy fairly discreet units nowadays that have quite good resolution pictures. You may well get a good enough picture of the culprit to gain some sort of prosecution.

Once you have sorted the problem of the superglue out, it might be a good idea to invest in some cctv surveillance equipment. I'm sure you can buy fairly discreet units nowadays that have quite good resolution pictures. You may well get a good enough picture of the culprit to gain some sort of prosecution.
Have you considered the culprit might be your local competitor?
Have you recently started up on someone elses patch?

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back