Supply and fit price for gas fire and surround?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know he works Mon -Friday as an employee and doing this job at weekend so will not incur the usual overheads referred to.

You should have disclosed that information first because it changes things. Unless carrying his own registration, or doing it for the firm, the work is illegal, uninsured and you are a willing accessory. I wouldn't ask for any more help, seems like you deserve each other.

My thoughts entirely.

Having slagged us off, I am not sure you will receive any further guidance. I am not interested in commenting on any pics you may put up. Suffice to say, if this your guy that comes recommended (from your posts some weeks ago), he leaves a lot to be desired. You seem to have great confidence in his skills, yet you are here. Weird. HE should be checking the flue. If he knows what to look for.

Tony: survey an arrangement time not included, that job is easily completed in a short day. (Assuming you are not talking about a 70 year old client who has heavy old furniture and carpets to be moved and refitted!)

This post is purely for the benefit of our Tony (aka Agile) and not for the Neanderthals from Herts and Northants.

Message reads

Would earnestly seek clarification on issue of flue visibility in loft. Mine is partially visible as indicated and "not going straight up with no significant part being visible in the loft".

My contractor removed back of existing gas fire to view plate but did not go into loft. To that extent it could be said that he was unsighted on the point you make.

Message ends.

FAO Neanderthals. I did not say aforementioned fella was cowboy when stating he had 9-5 job. He does have legit sideline and has Gas Safe flowing through his veins.

I'll watch out for you two when I watch Rogue Traders next week.

Sponsored Links

I bet your order book is full with your customer service ethos[/quote]

By the way this is a web forum. No-one on here is a customer. We are all almost anonymous, no transactions, advertising, pitching for business etc..

Or to help you understand, try watching Father Ted explaining to Father Dougal the difference between things that are small to those appearing small because they're far away.

Sponsored Links
NSQJee5O.jpg

Longshanks";p="3366857 said:
FiremanT";p="3366778 said:

This post is purely for the benefit of our Tony (aka Agile) and not for the Neanderthals from Herts and Northants.

Message reads

Would earnestly seek clarification on issue of flue visibility in loft. Mine is partially visible as indicated and "not going straight up with no significant part being visible in the loft".

My contractor removed back of existing gas fire to view plate but did not go into loft. To that extent it could be said that he was unsighted on the point you make.

Message ends.

FAO Neanderthals. I did not say aforementioned fella was cowboy when stating he had 9-5 job. He does have legit sideline and has Gas Safe flowing through his veins.

This Neanderthal gave you a lot of advice, which you seem to appreciate at the time!

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/n...t-still-unanswered-quaestions.430110/#3347248

In particular I mentioned the flue. You CAN NOT fit a fire without inspecting the loft flue work. So your guy with Gas Safe in his veins has not done a basic check. My advice was too have the flue checked BEFORE committing to a purchase, otherwise you could have an un fittable product on your hands.

You think your guy is wonderful, but you are here asking for validation of his service and cost.

And, BTW, Tony Agile is a knob.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/s...fire-and-surround.432201/page-2#ixzz3XVaAGpaj

I bet your order book is full with your customer service ethos

By the way this is a web forum. No-one on here is a customer. We are all almost anonymous, no transactions, advertising, pitching for business etc..

Or to help you understand, try watching Father Ted explaining to Father Dougal the difference between things that are small to those appearing small because they're far away.[/quote]

Far too many service providers represented on here for anyone to give a fig about customer service,

Thing is you wouldn't be able to play with your toys on here if (when in your case) you ran out of customers.

FiremanT";p="3366917 said:
Longshanks";p="3366857 said:

Message reads

Message ends.

This Neanderthal gave you a lot of advice, which you seem to appreciate at the time!

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/n...t-still-unanswered-quaestions.430110/#3347248

In particular I mentioned the flue. You CAN NOT fit a fire without inspecting the loft flue work. So your guy with Gas Safe in his veins has not done a basic check. My advice was too have the flue checked BEFORE committing to a purchase, otherwise you could have an un fittable product on your hands.

You think your guy is wonderful, but you are here asking for validation of his service and cost.

And, BTW, Tony Agile is a knob.

Our Tony is salt of earth and more coherent than the rest of you put together.

Apologies for lapsing into abusive lingo, it was uncalled for after advice given. I know it seems odd, extolling this geezer's virtues and going behind his back. He's been to the house twice (second time when wife present and took a look at back of fire then) but hasn't been in loft. I think the only thing preventing him is that he's about 30 stone so won't get through hatch door.

Re loft: We had some minor structural damage a few years ago and BG had to repair masonry in loft around flue. I'm in Cyprus at moment but due to speak to guy again on Sunday when I return to clarify quote. I can provide pictures of flue in loft at that time also.

Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/s...-surround.432201/page-2#ixzz3XVaAGpaj[/QUOTE] :D :D :D

At 30 stone he will not get the job of Father Christmas going up chimneys then!

Better he sticks to fitting gas fires then!

Thanks for saying all those nice things about me! ( The OP that is! )

Tony

Don't think you've grasped it yet so I'll explain again OP. I can't lose any customers as there aren't any here for me to lose, least of all you. It's a forum, not a trading point for me or others. Within its rules I can write what I want.

Don't think you've grasped it yet so I'll explain again OP. I can't lose any customers as there aren't any here for me to lose, least of all you. It's a forum, not a trading point for me or others. Within its rules I can write what I want.

Why is it that whenever I'm conciliatory ( long word for Herts lad) someone makes gratuitous (equally long word) comment. I think that you should note Fireman T in your neutral troll policing role.

Re customers: I was obviously referring to your general attitude, unhelpful, hostile to constructive criticism, inability to articulate basic thoughts or communicate with words of two syllables etc etc. All of these things suggest you do not put the customer at the forefront of your thinking and ethos.

Got it now?

Before disappearing up your own a*** on your self proclaimed intellectual high altar. Ask yourself how you've reached assumptions on someone you can't even prove exists let alone confirm how they operate. Or indeed that they trade at all.

As for my cerebral deficiencies. You singling me out from the other dissenters is proof enough that you actually think otherwise.

: I was obviously referring to your general attitude, unhelpful, hostile to constructive criticism, inability to articulate basic thoughts or communicate with words of two syllables etc etc. All of these things suggest you do not put the customer at the forefront of your thinking and ethos.

Hostile to constructive criticism! You only came here to establish if you were being ripped off by your moonlighting mate who you're having round to illegally fit a bodged gas fire on the side for cash.

Before disappearing up your own a*** on your self proclaimed intellectual high altar. Ask yourself how you've reached assumptions on someone you can't even prove exists let alone confirm how they operate. Or indeed that they trade at all.

As for my cerebral deficiencies. You singling me out from the other dissenters is proof enough that you actually think otherwise.

I rest my case. If this was a trial, you'd have been found guilty 12-0. Has this been an election you'd have lost your deposit.

I didn't need to sing or even single you out as you did that yourself. The difference between your contributions and other "dissenters" are self evident to all except those with a lettuce instead of a brain.

I think you should go back to your comics now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back