Surface tension fluid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of my security cameras are fixed in places which are a bit awkward to reach,
therefore cleaning the plastic dome which protect the lens is very difficult so not a daily job.

After a few weeks the domes get dirty and start to reduce the image quality.

I seem to remember reading about a fluid which effects the surface tension of water so preventing it from forming droplets, which then leaving any dirt particles which are caught in the liquid,

Has anyone on here used this stuff or has a suggestion as to what I might use on the camera domes.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions

Tim

Sponsored Links
As above use a car windscreen sealant, there are a bunch that outlast rain x though. The G-Techniq G1 is very good and very durable though you will needs to ensure the dome is ultra clean. Carlack also do one that is pretty durable, I use this on lots of things not car related ;) It comes with it's own cleaner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back