Suspended wood floor, ventilation, wet plinth-heater.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house is a couple of hundred years old and the ground flloor are pine suspended over a 2' gap. It's all clean and tidy, no rot or damp and we fitted underfloor insulation a couple of years ago.
My question is: I am in the process of converting the rear 'parlor' into the kitchen. I have a Dinplex wet central-heating plinth heater fitted under a 600mm end unit. Is there any point in fitting a floor vent under the heater with the aim of assisting the underfloor airflow, or would it just be a waste of my time? my time costs me nothing.
I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Underfloor ventillation should be to the outside, not the inside of the house.

There are grills to outside 1 at back and 1 to the front, there's a pretty good movement of air I was just wondering if it would benefit from a boost in a 'stagnant' corner

No it wont - you'll make any problem worse as warm moist air will be easily able to get in to your 'cold zone' where it will cause condensation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back