System Pressure is Zero for Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can some one tell me if it is safe to use a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i junior is the System pressure gauge is on Zero in normal mode.
The heating was on this morning for a hour and a half and when i left it is was on 2 bar - quite happy. However when i cam back at 11:30pm this evening it was on ZERO! I have turned it on to see what happens and it has gone back to 2 bar - but the minute i turn the heating off it will go back to 1 bar and probably drop to zero overnight.
Firstly is it safe and secondly why is it happening, and thirdly - what do i do?
Please can some one reply asap - i really need help.

Sponsored Links
Well its risking damage to the boiler!

I cannot fathom out from what you have said whats wrong.

I think that you will probably need professional help!

Tony

On the face of it your problem is as described in the FAQ section under Boiler Pressure Problems
But with a relatively young boiler going 0 - 2 - 0 bar it doesn't sound quite right for that.

He actually seems to have said 2-0-1 but thinks its probably going to be 2-0-1-0

Neither of those seem totally logical even if one considers all variations of failed filling loop, failed expansion vessel and failed PRV.

I think he may need professional help.

Most end up being simpler than what is expected.

For example an expected failed Netaheat PCB turned out to be a "bodge" repair to a wrongly set float valve by just turning off the stop cock so that it eventually dries up. Why are there so many cowboys about?

I bent the valve a little and advised that it should be replaced within 2-10 weeks.

He has asked for a quote to replace the Netaheat sometime next year.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As Tony said, it is risking the problem, so get it sorted asap as you are risking significant cost running it the way it is.
Most budget boilers and cheapest models of good brands are installed by people who aim to give the cheapest quote. Quality of work usually to be as expected.
Your boiler in itself is limited but not bad. Get a good installer to check, correct and maintain the system and you should have many years of problem free use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back