talk talk not quite as good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last year pay line rental 1 year in advanced 114 or£9.50 a month
this year pay a year in advance you get nearly £20 off but an eye watering £15.95 reduced to £14.35
this is not actually a good offer anymore because you get a speedy payment discount was 15% but now 10%
so iff you pay your line rental a year in advance you gain 6p as opposed to adding to your monthly bill at an extra 0.5p a month after the 10% speedy payment discount
in other words you can advance them £172 for a net gain of 1p every 2 months rather than last year at £5 a month

still very happy with the deal but the benefit has been greeatly reduced :(

Sponsored Links
Line rental is all a big con anyway, BT set the prices.

I don't even use my phone, but have to have it for an internet connection.

The second cable is in my area, I am dumping my phone line, what a waste of £15 a month.

Be grateful if you can get a reliable service from talk talk. Many dissatisfied customers.

last year pay line rental 1 year in advanced 114 or£9.50 a month
this year pay a year in advance you get nearly £20 off but an eye watering £15.95 reduced to £14.35
this is not actually a good offer anymore because you get a speedy payment discount was 15% but now 10%
so iff you pay your line rental a year in advance you gain 6p as opposed to adding to your monthly bill at an extra 0.5p a month after the 10% speedy payment discount
in other words you can advance them £172 for a net gain of 1p every 2 months rather than last year at £5 a month

still very happy with the deal but the benefit has been greeatly reduced :(
Think yourself lucky :!: ;)
Left BT after 30 yrs paying £55- 65 per month, now with TalkTalk £22.85 for free calls anytime and much faster internet. Because they was a problem with their filter adapter kit which I have sorted it out in an hour, they are sending me a free 12 months Essentials TV package, box being deliver today!! I've told them I don't want but they want me to be happy. I was 50-50 of joining TalkTalk because of their reviews but so far I'm happy

Sponsored Links

The second cable is in my area, I am dumping my phone line, what a waste of £15 a month.

I was hoping to get around the line rental charge by thethering to a 4G device on an unlimited data plan. But there are few issues with that idea.

Think yourself lucky :!: ;)
Left BT after 30 yrs paying £55- 65 per month, now with TalkTalk £22.85 for free calls anytime and much faster internet. Because they was a problem with their filter adapter kit which I have sorted it out in an hour, they are sending me a free 12 months Essentials TV package, box being deliver today!! I've told them I don't want but they want me to be happy. I was 50-50 of joining TalkTalk because of their reviews but so far I'm happy

to be honest i phoned up about another issue they offered me a free tv package i said i wasn't nterested
after some tooing and froing they offered me half price on my phone package for 6 months and the tv box at no charge ever as i have no interest in any pay services

on an unconnected matter
i took out a mobile contract with talk talk for £5 over 2 years up it to £7.50 with a £2.50 boost to get 3-5 times as much calls text and data
after 2 months i was no where near the lower limit so phoned up and asked if i can go back to the £5 package
they said they couldncouldn'tis but could credit my account so instead off khocking it down to £5 it went down to £2.55 so they knocked off 66% rather than 33% lol
that means with 2 months at 7.50=£15 and 22 months at £2.55=£56.10 or £71.10 over 2 years for a free samsung galaxy fame and 8400 [350 a month]free mins ??
surely the phone costs more than that ??

I was hoping to get around the line rental charge by thethering to a 4G device on an unlimited data plan. But there are few issues with that idea.

That same thought had crossed my mind also, trouble is they haven't perfected 3G yet so why they're wasting money on 4G is anyone's guess

Back