Tamper Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fOLKS,
Similar to the 'False Alarm Hell' thread,we were getting random Tamper faults so had the system checked.All looked fine (Keypad,PIR's,Bell Box ,battery etc) no sign of loose wires or corrosion - so as a last resort we got the Tamper circuits disabled.
All fine for twelve months but now in the past couple of days there have been two Tamper faults (alarm was set during one,unset during another),but all the Tamper circuits are still disabled.

Any idea what could cause this?

Edit - it's an Ademco Accord 8 system.

Sponsored Links
Seen as you mention tampers, i'll assume you haven't got it wired with resistors.

There's the tamper for the zones, bell tamper, keypad tamper and the the end station tamper. Have you got the long thin keypad or the square one?

Open the panel and see what's been linked out, taking the usual safety precautions as there is mains present. As far as i know, the keypad tamper can't be linked out as it's incorporated in the data line, which leaves the other 3.

Alternatively see if the log can give you any information.

It's the square keypad.

I'm sure the engineer told me all were linked out,and given that we had no bother for twelve months I assumed that was the case.

The log just illuminates the Tamper light and bleeps - no other info

I'll have to get him out again.

I do know that all the Tamper switches were 100% - they definitely weren't being triggered by movement of any kind

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back