Tap before combo boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am wanting to install a new tap downstairs. Is it possible to attach the tap to come off the pipe between the rising main and the combo boiler. Or does the boiler need to have the main going to it uninterrupted. And therefore I need to run the tap pipe down off the cold pipe, but after it has fed the boiler.

I don't want to damage/ effect the boilers performance.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is adequate flow and pressure then there shouldn't be a problem. Is it 22mm/28mm pipe you would be T-ing off?

Sponsored Links
Its quite common to fit a tap before it feeds the combi boiler, meaning some people want an outside tap to the side of the house if its a semi or detached when the boiler is at the end of the house.

I would tee it off the from the cold water ring, after it had fed the boiler.

The difference being?

600_600_scaled_638493_12_709_5169PlainCourtPlatinumWeddingRing.jpg

;)

Basically Juliano, the point your COLD gets to your boiler, is the last leg of any cold water run. All your other taps and cold feed pipes are fed BEFORE it gets to your boiler, so just Tee in where convenient and you'll be fine

Is it 22mm/28mm pipe you would be T-ing off?

Experience if ever I saw it. :LOL: :LOL:

28mm :eek: , be lucky to see 22mm. :D

12years of it actually steel... seen enough 28mm main distribution pipes in larger properties in my time to ask the question. More common up here I guess, especially in more remote areas where mains pressure/flow can be erratic. Granted 22mm or 15mm is most common and didn't add in the 15mm, so fair enough, my bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back