Tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My kitchen tap shown below has started leaking. I did replace the cylinder or whatever it is called from the cold side a couple of years ago and it seems to have gone again.

Can anyone please tell me what it is I need to replace so I can order it and change it myself form Amazon?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
assuming it's dripping from the spout then you need 1 or 2 1/4 turn ceramic cartridges.

If it's leaking from the body/spout then you need to replace the 'O' rings at the base of the spout.

Many different cartridges available so either isolate the supplies, remove a cartridge and take it (with the tap head) to a decent plumbers' merchant or take a look here

http://www.shop.lunns.net/ceramic-disc-valves-42-c.asp

Hi

Its leaking from the sprout. Is there no way of telling which type of ceramic disc it might be from measuring the tap part without having to take it all out etc?

Thanks.

Unless you know where the tap came from, sadly no - and there are a lot to choose from!

Sponsored Links
Its a perfectly good tap, just that part replacing. And for me to replace the whole tap myself will be more work that the cartridge thing I think!

Confused! If its leaking from the base of the spout (sprout :D ) you need new 'o' rings.......not a ceramic insert.
If you can get some.....you may be lucky if you buy a 'universal' set.
John :)

Leaking from the top of the spout not base ie where the water flows out from.

New insert required then......the sheds do keep a reasonable range, but the replacement must be identical......including the number of splines, their length and the diameter.
As said, Lunns is the place to go if you want on line shopping......good pics too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back