Tape cassette onto CD ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where to post this so I'm assuming it will need a software programme.

Can you tranfer songs from a tape cassette onto a CD ? As all modern cars now have CD player and not cassette.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it can be done. You will need to connect your player to your pc using the line out & line in respectively. You will then need some software. Not really done this myself, but apparently DbPoweramp will do the trick. I'm sure some of the others will point you at other suitable software.

If you're prepared to get all your tapes done within 2 weeks, this looks very good (2 week free trial) http://www.polderbits.com/

Also, try to avoid using a headphone socket on the tape deck, if you must, then experiment with levels as you're likely to get distortion (start very low).

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
See the replies to Securespark's "Copying audio onto CD ROM". You have much the same problem. Also ---

Get the best tape deck you can lay your hands on. Most commercial tapes use Dolby B. Most cheap tape decks don't have Dolby at all. If you play back a Dolby tape on a non-Dolby deck the high frequencies will come out too high. This can make up for the shortcomings of a cheap tape head but listen more carefully and you'll notice a curious surging effect in low level, high frequency sounds.

You're only going to put your tapes onto CD once so do it properly.

Back