Tarmac to concrete edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a concrete driveway that's had tarmac laid over the top, stopped at a fence line which I now removed, any way to tidy the edges , do I need a fixed edge [steel angle or something] to run tarmac and concrete too in order to make a join.Or can I ramp fresh concrete to edge the tarmac as the tarmac crumbles easily on open edge.[Will need it stable in order for car to move over it .]

Sponsored Links
An angle may be the route to take or maybe a just a flat plate bolted to the edge that sits proud of the concrete. A haunch of concrete on the edge of the existing will not bond.

An angle may be the route to take or maybe a just a flat plate bolted to the edge that sits proud of the concrete. A haunch of concrete on the edge of the existing will not bond.
I did not think it would bond, probably go with a bit of angle, thanks, must have been a pykey job, tarmacs very thin over concrete.

Sponsored Links
pour a hot asphalt joint. if it's around 30mm. you could bed in a concrete pin kerb and asphalt joint up to that if it.s a lot bigger than 30mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back