Tattoo Removal On The NHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From a previous post that got me all wound up about my tattoo which I HATE! I read that tattoo removal is available on the NHS in some circumstances, but doesn't give any more info on that...

Anyone know anything about this? What are the circumstances? I could pay for laser treatment myself but it's a bit expensive for me at the moment!

I'm off to bed now but I look forward to reading your replies tomorrow :)

Cheers guys & gals!

Sponsored Links
I hate my hairstyle. Maybe I can get it restyled on the NHS? :rolleyes:

Mate of mine had them removed on NHS years ago, he said it was stopping him getting a job.

I very much doubt you will be able to get this treatment on NHS.

If it is available I suspect you may have to jump through some hoops to prove you are a worthy case e.g. psychological assessment to prove distress, financial means test?

Sponsored Links
John, my brother had a tattoo done about 5 years ago ,some chinese symbol and realised it was agood idea at the time but after 12 months wanted it off..he has laser treatment which was expensive and did have some effect but it was still visible, the he got some sort of skin peel which is alot cheaper and had more impact, the black and red colours went but the green is still there....if you want I will ask what he used and get back to you.

he got some sort of skin peel which is alot cheaper and had more impact, the black and red colours went but the green is still there....if you want I will ask what he used and get back to you.
Was it Vim and a Brillo Pad? :D

John, my brother had a tattoo done about 5 years ago ,some chinese symbol and realised it was agood idea at the time but after 12 months wanted it off..he has laser treatment which was expensive and did have some effect but it was still visible, the he got some sort of skin peel which is alot cheaper and had more impact, the black and red colours went but the green is still there....if you want I will ask what he used and get back to you.

Yes definately, the reason I want to get rid of it is because I have 2 chinese symbols down my forearm that were meant to mean "X"... and they mean "Y"... they mean something so stupid I don't even want to say what.

I was thinking maybe I could sue the tattoo artist for the money to get it removed if it will cost me, and for the money I will lose from work for having to go to the clinic/hospital every appointment.

Every tattoo means 'I'm stupid' so just leave them as a reminder of what you are.

What evidence do you have that self-mutilation is an indulgence of the intellectually disadvantaged? Oh, wait a minute…

35377_2.jpg

He said it was called tca chemical acid peel which he got off ebay...he said it took a bit longer than they stated but you cannot see the red and black although the green is still visible but faded

He said it was called tca chemical acid peel which he got off ebay...he said it took a bit longer than they stated but you cannot see the red and black although the green is still visible but faded

Thanks I will have a look,

Was he left with any scarring from the acid peel? Did it sting when used?

:eek: That greens probably not the tatoo but gangrene!

Sponsored Links
Back