Telephone master socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move this as its in the way of a new tv location. I opened it and it has 2 wires coming in. It's connected to an old shabby main box with what looks like a resistor. Can I join these to an extension and crimp and shrink and bury it in the wall to extend it to another location ?If so what are the pitfalls (voltage etc)

Sponsored Links
Whatever else you choose to do, don't bury a joint in the wall, no matter how good you think it may be. BT (presumably your provider) need to have access in the event of any faults.

do it properly yourself - run a new cable from the incoming supply to where you want the socket.. or bt will have to do that when your buried joint starts causing faults.

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem, its the incoming supply that i need to move. Its in the way of where i'm putting new TV (flat on wall) cables are getting chased and don't want the incoming box on show. Think i may have to use waterproof box outside and re-route a new cable to another room. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back