Temperamental radiators -TRV fault???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had my TRV's replaced (and lockshields) on two radiators in the summer and over the last couple of weeks (since starting to use the central heating after the end of summer) I have noticed that the radiators (which have he new valves) are very temperamental. The other radiators work fine.

I have noticed that they haven't been getting warm when the central heating is on, so I change the setting on TRVs from 3 to 4 and this slight change suddenly forces a gush of hot water through the rads - making them very hot to touch. The pipe work throughout the house then seems to 'gush'.

An engineer has been out and apparently rebalanced the radiators but still have the problem.

Sometimes I have also noticed that the pipes around the boiler make considerable noise so much so that I turn the system off.

Is there a blockage in the pipes somewhere? An engineer did put a magnet on the cold feed and it was attracted to the pipe so there could be a slight blockage of sludge etc. Would this explain why a slight change in the TRV forces hot water through radiator? Or is it simply a balancing issue??

Any help appreciated.

Ed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back