Temporary flash band fix to roof vent blown out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a slide up loft vent that has blown out in the gales. Cant access a trader at present and wouldn't like to attempt nailing it on myself lest I cause more problems. It pushes back into place easily, would it be in order to secure the bottom of the plastic flap to the tile below with flash band until I can get a professional to put it back properly ?

Sponsored Links
Anything is better that a gaping hole, considering the Armageddon weather that's heading our way.....could you assist things by sticking it down with silicone?
John :)

+1 for silicone - pumped under the vent to fill against the tile - flashband will only stick to tiles if they are primed with flashband black messy primer;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I did use silicone. Hadn't received Nige's reply but yes I should have pumped it in the middle near the vent where as I just sealed at the bottom flap. Well if it comes loose I will know where to pump it next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back