test button

Sponsored Links
please post a picture of exactly what it is that will not reset. Preferablly try to get the picture sharp enough that we can identify brands labelling etc.

Sponsored Links
Push down the buttons on the three breakers to the right of your RCD.
Then try and reset the RCD.

If it resets then turn those breakers back on one at a time.
If the trip goes again then you'll know which circuit you have a problem with.

I've push down the 3 buttons on the right & removed the power supply still not reset, could the test button be faulty?

Nah, if you have removed the power supply to the unit and it still wont reset then it is indicating that the RCD unit itself is faulty and needs replaced.

What exactly are you doing to reset the RCD? You need to push the lever back upwards. (You probably know this already, just checking.)

I have looked at your picture and the Instruction Book and I can't see what type of RCD is fitted. It does state voltage between 207 and 253 this may refer to charger built in but could also mean the RCD needs that voltage!

RCD's are made with two basic designs the "passive" is used in a normal house but where volt drop may make a "passive" fail we use "active" type. With the "active" type if the voltage drops below the value the device can work at it auto trips thus failing safe.

If your device is of "active" type and when you pressed the button you tripped supply to it then it will fail to reset.

Are you sure you have a supply to the caravan? And are all MCB's turned off before you try to reset?

Can you get a better picture or give details of RCD so we can find it active or passive type?

is it just my eyesight or does that test button look like it's stuck in???

siemens 5sm3 rccb...

Its fixed all I had to do was to pull all the plugs out of there sockets & reset. Thanks for all your help, Happy days :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back