Tex Prem 88 Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bother you guys again, but I'm now looking at a battery for the prem 88. The manual says 1x 17Ah or 2x 7Ah. Looking around there are loads of makes. Etc, is there any recommended make etc?

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
Yuasa or power sonic but they all seem to be made in china these days so don't expect it to last more than 5 years.

I think you will find that 5yrs is the maximum length of use allowed for professional alarm companies that are NSI or SSIAB accredited.

Sooner if when being serviced every 6/12mths they do not pass the current consumption test, but what DiYer is going to be able to do that one?

If its got 12.8v available, it must be all right :LOL: :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I've found some 12Ah ones. Does it have to be either 7Ah or 17Ah the manuals don't seem to make it clear.

Sponsored Links
The point is that 20 to 15 years ago batteries lasted longer than the current ones made in china , probably due to more recycled lead being used in the battery and as you stated you need to replace every 5 years, all fine for systems been serviced but most DIY systems installed by the home owner seem to think the battery will last for ever.

Chaps,

Sorry to keep on but I cant seem to find an answer to this.

Thanks guys, I've found some 12Ah ones. Does it have to be either 7Ah or 17Ah the manuals don't seem to make it clear.

Cheers,

The battery can be anything up to 17Ah. Work out or measure the power consumption of your system, multiply by the amount of hours of standby time you require, and that's the battery size you should fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back