Texecom Premier 24 Battery Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm keypad has started flashing up a message saying 'battery fault'. I looked this up in the manual and this means that there is a problem with the battery in the control panel.

I have logged on as engineer and checked the system status and it says that the battery is running at 13.1 volts and is charged.

Does this mean I need to change the battery? If so how do it do it? If I try and open the control panel the alarm goes off (because I am tampering it) and I am worried that it will go off if I power down the console too.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
I've been thinking maybe I should just try and reset the system by turning it off at the mains and removing the battery.

If I cut all of the power will the bell go off? Do I need to put it in hold off mode first?

If you have the engineer code, then you just need to put the system into engineer mode and you will be able to remove the panel cover without the alarm going off.

It prabably just needs the battery(s) replacing.

Cutting the power completely will do nothing.

The panel checks the battery under load at the user specified interval (default = 24hrs). The battery must have failed this test (usually the voltage dropped too rapidly during the test), so you will need to replace it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - I will try and open the panel again tomorrow and order a replacement battery.

I have only had the current battery for about a year - I thought they were supposed to last a bit longer than that?

If it's a big chunky 7 ah battery I doubt it would fail in a year. They last for ages and ages.

If it's a big chunky 7 ah battery I doubt it would fail in a year. They last for ages and ages.

you say that but i had a 12ah fail in an adt galaxy in 10 months, panel in a cool area and site with generator backup so not abused, on the other hand the 3ah in my parents a1 alarm lasted 17 years! 7ah kantech door controller batteries in my office did 5 years, there isn't much of a pattern :LOL:

I am trying to order a replacement battery - will any 12v burglar alarm battery work? How big should I go - does 2.8 AH sound about right or do I need a bigger one?

Have a look what is in your panel now, and order the same one(s) as a replacement.

I can't even get the front panel off - any ideas? I have released it at the top and bottom which lets it out by about 4mm but I cannot release it any further. BTW I did this with the power off and it didn't detect tamper.

Metal panel: Remove the screw in the top centre front of panel, lift front of panel a bit and then lift it away, watch for an earth wire which is attached to the front of the panel and needs to be pulled off.

Plastic panel: Release the two plastic screw covers halfway down each side of the front of the panel by giving them half a turn with a screwdriver, remove the screw behind each cover.

Metal panel can take 7Ah or 17Ah battery. Plastic panel takes 7Ah battery.

Mains voltage is present within the panel.

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I have a Texecom alarm system and I have 'battery fault. Ive just fitted a new 12v 7Ah battery and its still saying 'battery fault'. Any idea's?

Remove battery, switch mains of, turn back on, add battery and reset the system to clear the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back