Texecom Premier 24 not arming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just starting a install of a premier 24 alarm system but cannot trigger the alarm system from the PIR's/

I've only installed two PIR's (as a start) and the walk in test show that these two PIR's are fine.. secure and active wired correctly.. all good so far. When I arm the alarm and wait 30 seconds nothing... I;ve changed the event logs and everything fine, no tamper errors etc.. I'm not sure while activating the alarm if I should be hearing short beeping from the control panel or not.. but either way I stuck...

Any advice much appreciated..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I seem to receive one exit tone but that's it not sure if should receive a few until the 20 seconds are up.

The tamper lid is disabled until I sort this out but if I open the PIR's the tamper alarm goes mad on the control panel.. probably as the same with the lid I expect, will give it ago.

Also to add I've tried my best trouble-shooting from the manual and all seems okay.. I've tried arming the alarm in Engineering mode/Master and local :(

You should get a long tone for the full exit time , one common issue is the panel is set for final exit not timed so it's looking for the exit zone to open then close before it sets. Are you using wintex to program the system ?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I'm not using the WinTex software... maybe I'll order the cable on-line.

I'll check the manual and find the option/s to set it accordingly.

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated

I've been installing the premier since version 1 on the pre elite version and I wouldn't like to program it without wintex as it's a nightmare.

I've updated the Suite Arm Modes and changed to Timed Exit but still no luck.. When arming the alarm I only get a single beep and thats it. The PIR's light go active but no sound on the control panel but if I lift the lid up I the tamper works as expected.

I've not mapped any zones.. Is this required or an issue?

Just another issue maybe the status output for zone one:

Zone status: secure 2k1
Active 6k8 and tamper is the same.

Any advice?

Tamper should be nothing as the loop is broken.... How have you wired the pir ? Are you using 4 wire with common tamper or end of line wiring ?

And is the zone programmed for eol ? Is it a 24 or a 24 elite what software version ?

Did you say you was using area arm suites ? Don't ! Use normal part sets that may be your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back