Texecom Premier 48 Custom Outputs

Forget it how are you going to get a unit that only can trigger 2 events (no mention of restore events ) to send 3 events - alarm / arm/ disarm ?

Perhaps I haven't been as clear as I should have been... I'm aware it can only trigger 2 different events, the priority event I want to trigger is obviously "Alarm" but as it has a 2nd input to use then having a trigger upon "Arm OR Disarm" is a bonus. I know the triggered 2nd input wouldn't state which event occurred but I could live with that.

Okay this is all besides the point as your gsm cant do what you want anyway.

gsm com module would be a better option and you would get more information out.

The problem is the custom output wont allow an inverted output pulse, thought I had done something like this years ago, but the closest I can find is inverting the output and assigning to a physical to make it make it pulse.

When looking at wiomtex diagnostic screen you can see whats going on, but whilts it do armed pulse, wont do the invereted armed pulse so cant combine. tried to do the custom into a custom no armed and still no joy.

At this point the only way is two physical outputs to be combined as 1 either one firing them off (relay).

at least its given my brain some exercise, even if it was pointless.

Well, my gsm thingy CAN actually do what I want (see above reply to sparkymarka) so definitely not a pointless exercise! Thanks for the explanation of why the pulse doesn't work, pity as it looked good in theory.

Best bet buy a cheap comm 2400 off ebay for around £10 if you have a landline and use the comm2400 to give open/close reports or Nokia 6310i dlr3p nokia serial lead and a Unicom lead = gsm unit.

No landline to use, and I really don't want to start purchasing additional components. Now I know the issues, I'll make do with the trigger on Entry/Exit, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Appreciate both of your inputs (excuse the pun) here, it was interesting to see what the hardware can - and cannot - do!

Sponsored Links
Think I see what your getting at.

but to get a message every time its armed or disarmed, and not being able to change the content of that message thats sent seems a little pointless, but as long as your happy with it thats all that matters.

Do you have any spare digi outputs and zones, think I have a work around but its messy, tried it a few times on an elite panel. Let me know as this is the last ditch attempt.

rather than post the solution here contact me via pm with zone and outputs you have available and I will send you the information based on that

Give it a try if itworks post the solution if it doesnt then i am out of ideas for now.

Will do, it'll be tonight though I'm afraid as not got all the info to hand on the zones. Currently all the digi outputs will definately be free, as only one panel output was in use before adding this gsm module.

Just to explain, the alarm is fitted to a property I have responsibility for which is currently unoccupied. Priority is Alarm notification, however a 'nice to have' is to know when others who have access are visiting and are securing the property upon leaving. However there won't be that much traffic that knowing if a text relates to an Arm or Disarm event is a problem, despite the text being identical.

Using the Entry/Exit to trigger isn't as good but based on your findings it will do, so don't commit too much time to it - unless you enjoy the technical challenge !

Cheers

Sponsored Links
armed pulse will work , but not disamed pulse, its some strange quirk.

however the route I have got working which should do what you want, but may/ may not work on your system.

I cant reply to your pm and have no contact details for you.

Its complicated so would prefer to send the wintex profile/ copy of the settings but you would need a free zone to get it to work which you don't have.

I cant reply to your pm and have no contact details for you.

Its complicated so would prefer to send the wintex profile/ copy of the settings but you would need a free zone to get it to work which you don't have.

Sorry, my forum default settings were blocking messages from all but 'friends' - amended now :rolleyes:

No looks like I'm stuffed with no free zones but would still be interested in your solution!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back