Texecom Premier 48 intermittent Fire alarm on entry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a Texecom Premier 48 a couple or three years back, keypad in the house and an additional keypad in the garage. I used the ability of the garage keypad to run a couple of extra zones, one for the doors and one for a fire detector (M12).

All has been running tickety-boo until very recently when on a couple of occasions now as soon as the house's front door is opened it goes into Alarm with notification on the keypad that the Fire detector is the source.

No time spent looking at it yet but seems very odd. Any thoughts ???

edit: Yes I did program it as a Fire zone

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Is the detector near the door ? Does it light up when this happens ? It may be full of dust and need cleaning out

Is the detector near the door ? Does it light up when this happens ? It may be full of dust and need cleaning out

Thanks for the reply. Not really near a door, and not very dusty either but I've gently blown a bit of compressed in and around just in case.

I have left it covered over for a couple of days to eliminate environmental factors.

Doing a bit of digging though the activity logs, it appears it has been triggering an alarm at some point during the day when the property has been unoccupied (neighbours either haven't noticed or haven't bothered to say!).

Presumably resets itself, but then goes into alarm again when someone next enters via the front door. Is that by design? I can't find anything in the manuals regarding that behaviour...?

In your event log what are the sequence of events.

As this has started recently, something has changed recently, ie the detector or wiring most likely.

Since you have the door and the smoke run to the keypad zones, opening the door triggering the fire, would suggest cabling possibly.

Do the devices share the same cable but different cores?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Hoover.

No changes recently, to wiring or detectors.

The smoke runs to a keypad zone but the front door runs to a zone on the main panel.

I'm nowhere near the property at the moment but from memory the sequence of events has always shown a fire event when the property was unoccupied and then a disarm (which triggered the alarm again) when someone returned home.

The ONLY thing that has been different since having these issues has been that more or less directly under the detector a couple of old leather armchairs have been temporarily stored whilst awaiting transport to the local tip! These have gone now so time will tell I guess. Still got the detector covered up, if no alarm events for a few days I'll remove it and see.....

Just to clarify does the alarm go off when opening the door or is it just an alert from an earlier activation, old 48s had a habit of reporting everything that had happened making people think they had devices on activate on entry, truth was they were just seeing the events since set. I would change the smoke and move on from there. Intruder alarm tech support is my job

It was going off on entry - or at least all hell breaks loose at the keypad but couldn't tell if the sirens were wailing outside (didn't check tbh).

No problems for a few days since the garage was cleared and the detector covered, until a strange one today. I was actually in the garage and suddenly the keypad started giving the alarm tone showing the detector had activated. The detector is still covered up with its dust cap!

I'm guessing faulty detector is looking more than likely would you agree?

I have tried to Omit the zone but can't. I have reprogrammed so the Omit attribute is set for the zone but when I try to omit it when setting the alarm at the keypad it tells me its not possible. Have I missed something or can't you Omit a Fire zone???

Depends if it's programmed for omit! Was detector lit ? I can omit my m12 but what's the point ? It works 24 hrs just make it not used untill you get chance to either take out and clean or replace

Depends if it's programmed for omit! Was detector lit ? I can omit my m12 but what's the point ? It works 24 hrs just make it not used untill you get chance to either take out and clean or replace

Well yes, as above I reprogrammed so it has the omit attribute so I can't understand why I am still unable to Omit! Maybe it doesn't 'need' doing but if I should be able to omit, I want to understand why I can't !!!!!

The detector has been cleaned but it was spotless anyway. Not sure if it was lit whilst in alarm condition I'm afraid.

I would disconnect the zone wires and join them together at the detector end.

If its false alarming then, assuming the zone is programmed up, its a wiring fault or the keypad zone itself, which is unusual but has been heard of.

Easiest way to confirm that link out the zone at the keypad, and does it false alarm over x period of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back