Texecom Premier Elite 24 (Metal) Wiring Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Door Contact.jpeg

Hi

I am trying to wire up a Texecom Premier Elite 24 Metal Panel.

I am using:
5 x Bosch Bluline pet friendly PIR's
2 x Knight Fire & Security XEND24 Grade 3 Class II Door Contacts
2 x Texecom Premier Elite LCDLP Prox Keypads (one for house and one for garage so alarm can be deactivated at either location)
1 x Texecom Odyssey X-BE External Bell
2 x Kinetic 16 ohm Internal Sounder
Com IP Module (comfortable with this)
1 x 8XP Expander Module (fitted for expansion)

I have connected the External Bell & Panels as that is obvious as to where they go however, I do not know where I should connect:

The Bosch PIR's - Connectors - + NC NC T T

Door Contacts - Connectors as above

Internal Sounders

So desperate to get it wired up properly as this is my first Alarm as you have probably guessed!!
Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you wiring 4 wire - alarm pair and tamper pair
or EOL
They wire differently ?
+ positive 12 v
- negative v

Not really a panel for your " first alarm " lol .... Have you got a laptop , with wintex installed and a com USB or PC com lead ? If not it's going to be a pain

Hi Handymanjo

I am using existing wiring from the old alarm system. Some are 6 wire and some 8 wire.

The garage panel wire also feeds the internal sounder in the garage.

Not really sure what is best

Sparkymarka

I know now lol!
I have a com IP and the Wintex software. I will tackle the config when I am all wired up!

Thanks for your quick replies gents. I am fine with 'wire this to this' etc. But, am struggling with the correct places to connect to.

Sponsored Links
Your existing cabling should not be a problem
4 wire is the old way
New regs is to EOL
As Sparkymark says it will be a pain to program without usb com .you will need to configure part of panel before you can us ip com and programming with the keypad will not be easy?
But first you need to decide how you are going to wire your sensors ?

Can you guys recommend how I should wire the sensors? I have no idea how it should be done for the best. All sensors have a 6 wire cable except for the landing one that has 8 because that also cables the landing internal sounder.
I stupidly thought this would be easy!
Thanks

Red +
Black -
Blue and yellow eol of line
Bosch pir , twist one leg of the 2.2 and 4.7 resistor together , put in NC in detector put the other leg of the 4.7 in NC with blue wire, put the 2.2 leg in one terminal marked T and the yellow wire in the remaining T terminal .
Contact
Select 4.7 for alarm
Select 2.2 for tamper from the jumper settings
Wire as indicated for eol
So at panel end your powered devices will have red and black for power + blue/ yellow for eol ( wire in zone 1, 2 , 3 ect ) your contacts will just have blue /yellow

If you tell us where the sensors are?
We could tell you best setup?
Front door -entry exit
Hallway access to become entry in part set
Garage door contact ? You can program this contact for a longer entry /exit time to allow you to drive in garage before you turn off alarm ?
But first you need to master the wiring without any faults!
If you connect panel to laptop this could help with faults using diagnostic in engineer utilities ?

not convinced its a pain to program from the keypad, but Wintex is certainly easier.

The 24 has 2 terminals for each zone, so for the eol option is best, that does mean that you have 4 wires in your PIR, two for power and two for the zone, sparkymarka has advised on the wiring.

with the 8XP expander, the first Alarm and last Tamper are the eol connections, but you could do two alarm and two tamper and use it as double pole. don't need to do anything with the 8XP other than wire it up correctly. As supplied the 8XP is address 1, so zones start zone 1 expander is zone 9 in zone setup.

as you have two keypads you need to change the address on the second one by changing dipswitch 2 only.

zone programming, the wiring type is set for double pole/ eol as a default value on all zones. if you are not using resistors in the devices you need to program the wiring type as normally close rather than the default value.

zone types, depends on where and what the devices are to be used as, at default zone 1 is e/e, zone 2 guard access, 3-8 guard all on area A.

The bell is easy as its like for like into the bell terminals and panel terminals ABCDS never understood why C is tamper mind yet S is strobe and B is bell.

arming mode at default is e/e rather than timed, so it needs to see the e/e door go open and close to set.

baptism of fire, it gets easier when you have some knowledge of alarm systems but lots of people know the texecom gear very well so guidance should be available.

Guys

You are all amazing for taking the time to reply. I very much appreciate your help and will give it a go. Just running two new cables for the kitchen & dining room as the original installer only ran one.

My garage is an office and I have set the panels as per the instructions (dip switch 2)

8XP is only for future expansion.

I will want a part set for 2 door contacts, garage PIR.

Many thanks

Sparkymarka

Thanks for wiring instructions. I think I have it straight and will try tomorrow and see what happens... The Blue and Yellow are the ones that go in the zones in the panel.

Where would I connect the Internal Sounder wires?

Thanks

Spk- Neg speaker
+ bell
You could use orange/brown of landing detector cable for speaker back to panel.use brown as neg speaker into spk- and orange as pos speaker into bell +

Sparkymarka

Just read your connection instructions and not sure which colours go into the zone terminals. Do the Blue and Yellow go in the zones?

Red +
Black -

Blue and yellow eol of line

Bosch pir , twist one leg of the 2.2 and 4.7 resistor together , put in NC in detector put the other leg of the 4.7 in NC with blue wire, put the 2.2 leg in one terminal marked T and the yellow wire in the remaining T terminal

Contact
Select 4.7 for alarm :?:
Select 2.2 for tamper from the jumper settings :?:
Wire as indicated for eol - I have the jumpers across C Is connected, W-X & Y-Z are connected. Not sure on the number one. Currently 3 is connected and 4 is not.:?:

Panel end your powered devices will have red and black for power + blue/ yellow for eol ( wire in zone 1, 2 , 3 ect ) your contacts will just have blue /yellow :?:

Note to self: Next time get a professional to do it :)(y)

Thanks HandymanJo

Does the go into the + terminal of the bell section or the one labelled bell.

Thanks

Last question!

The panel and bell have a metal ring connecting a couple of terminals. Do these stay?

Losing the will!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back