Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Experts

I have a premier elite 48 panel (v 3.1) fitted with ComWifi on Com2 (working fine) and added the Com2400 directly to 10 pin connector and a speech module to the add-on panel as described in the manuals. Connected the phone line to the RJ11 socket using a ADSL filter from the main BT line. All after fitting in power down mode, worked ok and I see now Error message or alerts in the panel.

Setup all the settings as described in the manual for configuring DigiCom Options and Programming. Configured Arc1 as Speech module and Arc2 with SMS Messaging protocol.

When I do a test call the panel says no error as such and get the tone and all but I neither get a call on my mobile nor a SMS though :(

what I am getting is just below :-

upload_2016-4-22_11-29-1.png

Also, in speech module I recorded 4 different message on 1,2,3&4 but not sure how I assign the correct message to Arc1, Arc3,Arc4 and Arc5. Since these 4 messages are for 4 different people I want to assign Arc1 with Msg1, Arc3 with Msg2, Arc4 with Msg3 and Arc5 with Msg4.

I would really appreciate if you can please send me how to configure correctly and settings I need to use or if can suggest something from your experience.

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards
Anil

Sponsored Links
Have to say I haven't yet used this relatively new module with the com2400.

My understanding having had a quick look at the manual yesterday (possible customer requiring this) the first four digi channels are responsible for firing the four messages.

message 1 fired when digi channel one is active and so on.

so unless the four digi channels are programmed differently I cant see any way to separate them out and get four separate messages to each person. (not easily at least and think your trying todo something it was never designed to do).

Each arc is setup the same way with the numbers in each arc for the numbers of each person.

To separate them out you would need to fudge it.

to call four different numbers with a voice message you would need 2 ARC's programed with 2 sets of numbers each.
but each pair would receive the same message, even if we fudged something so it dialled them separately.

So I would say it isn't going to do what you want. different message to each person.

Its probably easier to do a speech dialler to send 4 different messages for the same event, as you can separate out which output/ input gets fired and which person select which person responds to it or at least that's the case with a Texecom Speech and text dialler.

You may want to consult with Texecom support on this mind.

How many people do you want to inform?
You could use app via com ip 1 push notification plus 4 mail accounts
Then use sms option in other arc ,2 number per arc.
Speech dialler will not give zone information of activation.

Hi There,

I am fine with the same message too. the way I want it to work is:-

1. The syetem calls the first Number and if there is a response (like # or *) it should stop dialing further.
2. If no response from 1st Number, then dial the second one... then third and then 4th.

If none of them respond then, send a SMS to primary and secondary number or may be to all 4.

I try to setup this up in the system and fortunately getting a call on my primary and secondary number.. and then for some reason again on the primary.. even though I accepted the call. But there is no recorded message is playing. I did record all 4 messages in the speech module (but not sure how to test if they were recorded ok or not).

Also, the system tries to send a SMS but keep failing after a long wait.

Thanks
Anil

Sponsored Links
The speech module and the com 2400, wont give voice messages that are specific to the zone, but would send a text that is zone and time stamped if programed.

the comwifi and app notifications, that is a possibility but other issues with that at present. but that wont send any voice messages specifically to anyone.

the app can be setup on multipul phones and each have up to 4 email address and each phone can receive the notification if they have an internet connection.

to send 4 different voice messages to 4 people then the speech dialler could have done that and allowed acknowledgements to take place, note text messages are auto acknowledged.

if the speech module is acknowledged by pressing #the panel will hang up and not dial anyone else, if you have a * at the end of the telephone number it will dial the next person even if it has been acknowledged (from manual) never used the speech module, and its been around for a long time (premier international series). I would like to see a full audio module like other manufacturers have that will do zone information and the like, but have to deal with whats available.

Like everything these days, what do you want it to do, is it really necessary for it to work that way. Then you can select the appropriate kit.

As it says factory built V3 or later, I suspect the DTMF chip isn't in the pre version 3 Elites but would have to check, I know the old premier only the 88 and 168 had the DTMF chip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back