Texecom Premier Elite System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a 3 bed semi detached house with alarm cables already wired through the house when it was built, I want to install the Texecom Premier Elite system, I need 4 PIR sensors, 1 door contact, control panel, keypad and external siren.

I have searched online for each part of the system but don't know if I have chosen the correct part or can it be improved?

Control Panel - Premier Elite 24, but what's the difference between Polymer and Metal case version?

Communicator - ComGSM, but what's the difference between the ComGSM and this speed dialer? I want it to send me SMS text when the alarm is triggered

Keypad - Premier Elite Surface Mount

Siren - Premier Elite Odyssey 1 115db Bellbox, but what's the difference between Odyssey 1 and this version?

PIR Sensors - There are a lot of different PIR sensors but don't know which one to choose

Door Contact - All the ones I found are vibration detection type but I want magnetic detection type only as I don't want the alarm to be triggered if postman knocks on my door

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally, give the questions you are asking about polymer and metal it will make little difference but try and help out.

1) Polymer is capable of Grade 2 installation
2) Metal is capable of Grade 3 installation

There is little noticeable differences to the end user in that regard, other than the metal box is bigger and can take a larger back up battery.

3) GSM Com for texting over the speech and text any day of the week, as the gsm if you can get a decent signal will give you more information about the alarm generated by your panel, the speech dialler can only give pre recorded messages/ pre written text information.

4) Bell box's come as a grade 2 or Grade 3 version, the grade 3 versions, I would go wit the grade 3 bell box, and if the cabling allows install it properly, if not install as grade 2, but the grade 3 unit has a 5 year guarentee and is louder.

5) as it it not wireless, you can add a door contact for a few quid either grade 2 or 3, for less than you would get charged for the impaq range.

6) pirs depend on what environment they are in.

Get a local alarm company in to quote you.

If you visit texecom's website you can download information about the units free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back