Texecom premier elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

Quick question hopefully. I'm wanting to have the cellar always armed on the alarm as it is rare anyone goes down there (there is an external door into it).

I was wondering if this was possible to set up on the texecom? I was looking at changing the zone type however I'm wondering what I do when I need to go downstairs into the cellar. Is there a way I can always have the area armed in the background and when I need to go down I can disarm it before I do. Then just use the alarm as a normal alarm for the rest of the house without any setting or unsetting affecting the cellar until I want it.

Sorry if this is quite simple, I'm a bit of a programming novice ATM.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
it's not complicated if you know how.

I would have an area set to auto rearm, the user code disarms the area.

you disarm the area, if the timer is set to 60 minutes for rearm, you have 60 minutes to do what you have to and the area will rearm itself.

you will have to set and disarm the area once for the auto rearm to take place.

Have a go if you get stuck theres a few on here that can help.

I should ask what panel and variant (press menu 4 in day mode).
You need a spare area

Another way depending on how many zones cover the cellar area is you could set the zones as 24 hour zones.

This is how I arm my garden sheds as I only go in them maybe once every few weeks. To disable the zone so I can gain access I just present my proxy tag and press '9' then scroll to the shed zone and press omit. I can then do the reverse to re arm or they'll just me re arm the next time I arm the whole house.

Sponsored Links
There are many ways to achieve this, comes down to what works best for you.
Try them if its not for you, you can always repost your question with amendments to see if it can be tailored a little more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back