Texecom - radio rx tamper, what's this....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Anyone online as came home tonight and the panel was complaining radio rx tamper, what's this mean, any ideas.... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its complaining about radio rx tamper.

Do you have a wireless panel / expander?

Check its not in tamper / commisioning mode.

No other warnings or information?

Sponsored Links
I have checked via wintex diagnostic and the 8xpw lid tamper icon is shown as closed and the radio rx tamper icon is illuminated. I am only using the 8xpw system as an add on for radio remote function at the moment so all zones are secure as no further devices are installed. Is there a way of disabling this fault warning or resetting the system in another way. I have gone in and out of engineer mode but just won't clear. Thanks again

you can power cycle the panel then you would need to reprogram the time and date.

if the system is not in tamper it should clear after the power cycle, there is another way without the power cycle but this is the simpliest solution.

The panel is latest premier elite 24 v2.11, is it possible you could you explain the other way without having to do a power cycle

pm'd you, you will see its not as straight forward and could lead to mistakes being made so not posting it publicly its up to you which you decide to follow.

power cycle and use wintex to send time and date across simpliest and safest option by far.

Thanks ever so much for coming back to me on this... Its a little to late to experiment tonight but I will let you know how I get on thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

................. but what caused the tamper fault then, did you fix it or just play with Wintex?

It's going to happen again.

the tamper was secure, and that being the case apower cycle will cure it.

if the tamper was not secure then it would indeed reoccur, same applies if it was still in comissioning mode on -w panels.

That's the thing, I am unsure what caused it, but the 8xp(w) has just been added to the system. It is possible that the fault may have been there upon introduction. I am wondering if there could be a bug in the software as I reset as suggested and it hasn't come back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back