Texecom Sounder issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All ,

I have a Texecom Premier Odyeese 5E sounder wired to my Premier Elite 48 panel.
I can do a successfully do a strobe test and a Sounder test, however when the Armed panel is triggered, I get no response from the sounder.

The only setting I changed I on the sounder was to move the Battery jumper to yes. everything else is default.

Can anyone think of why this could be happening?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a configuration issue with your panel, rather than a fault with the sounder.

Are you setting the alarm off when it is fully set? Check if you have selected bells on confirmed alarm. This requires 2 seperate devices to be triggered before the bell will sound.

Also check you have the sounder enabled for all the appropriate areas.

first step, at control panel end remove bell trip and hold onto 0volts, does it sound ? if so now check your settings as advised.

Thanks guys.

I was 'pre-staging' the kit so I can take it it into my new place. I'll be taking it to the new place Thursday so I'll give the above tests ago.

I have wintext... any idea where I need to check the configuration options?

Sponsored Links
On wintex, click global on the left hand tab. On the window this brings up, click the configuration options tab.

Bells on confirmed alarm is option 26. This should be unticked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back