texecom update part 2:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
continued from //www.diynot.com/forums/alarms-cctv-telephones/texecom-update-and-pir-info.318252/, after it was locked.

equipment list so far.

1 x texecom premier 48 panel
1x keyfob control pad
2x Pyronix KX15DT
1x Pyronix Twin Alert
1x PYRONIX TMD15
1x Texecom Odyssey 4E
8x Grade 3 surface contacts (selectable eol)
1x Texecom USB Com Interface
1x yuasa 12v 7ah battery
1x 100m 8 core alarm cable

install not to faw away now, pics etc to follow aswell.

Sponsored Links
just got the software via texecom, looks very powerfull bit of software indeed, going to make things so much easier.

anyone know what is needed to hook the tex up to my router, so i can have full control of my panel when away from home? is this possible? can i arm and disarm when not at home?

dont care what it costs, im thinking its going to be the ip module?

This has become a ' mine is bigger than yours scenario '

Hope it never becomes an insurance requirement that you need an alarm system, you'll be in for a big surprise.

why would it become a insurance requirment?? as i have said before, when my insurance compay ask if i have a alarm i will say no. Just like now on my insurance documents where it states is alarm fitted it states no.

so to be clear i will always say "no" to the question "have you got a alarm system"

you simply fail to grasp the fact that for the 100th time, im a technology loving geek, i like my security i like my home automation i like technolgy, get over it!

Sponsored Links
Just say no is the best advice.

That way even if you have a G2 system pro installed you won't lose out if the servicing is late or missed.

The amount of discount you get is minimal and beaten with shopping around for the better premium anyway.

Just say no , then you are still covered if you forget to set.. it's the only way.

Only time to declare is if you are in an area where the insurance company insist on an alarm to ssia or nacoss nsi standards.

Problem with the Com-ip is I struggled to get it running properly on a mobile, which i'm guessing is what you want to do while your out rather than do it via PC etc?

Alternatively the com2400 (and 300) can use touch tones to arm/disarm systems so long as you dont mind your panel picking up the phone when anyone calls. it's not a massively advertised feature but i'll have a look for the bumf somewhere.

I just love people who can't understand the English language.

Hope it never becomes an insurance requirement that you need an alarm system, you'll be in for a big surprise.
Try and figure out what this means, I'll help, an insurance company REQUIRES an alarm system to be fitted.

If that ever happens even the most sophisticated DiY alarm won't cut it.

They will require a professionally installed system with the necessary certificates and 24hr backup, maintenance contract etc.

See what I'm getting at?

ps - I'm not having a go.

And Slowalarms stop talking about things you know nothing.

Saying on the insurance application that you have no alarm fitted when there is something that is called an alarm system fitted is giving an un-truthful answer. Read the small sprint. Giving false information may mean the insurance policy is not valid. In the event of a claim that false information could easily be a reason for the insurance company to not pay the claim.

The honest answer is to say yes and give the type and condition of the alarm installed. Let the insurance company decide whether it is in their experience an alarm system or not.

Problem with the Com-ip is I struggled to get it running properly on a mobile, which i'm guessing is what you want to do while your out rather than do it via PC etc?

Alternatively the com2400 (and 300) can use touch tones to arm/disarm systems so long as you dont mind your panel picking up the phone when anyone calls. it's not a massively advertised feature but i'll have a look for the bumf somewhere.

thanks for the info mate, id like it on my phone yes.

but id prefer full control like the wintex software, of the alarm when i have laptop with me and my mobile connection, where i can go on the net and log into my alarm, to let me arm disarm etc and have full enginer rights exc, basically i want full control of my panel and be able to monitior it when out and about via my laptop.

on my phone id like alerts, arm and rde arm etc, not to bothered about full control on my phone, but on my laptop thats a must, i want to be admin of my alarm when ihe have laptop with me, basic features are exceptable on the phone.

I just love people who can't understand the English language.

Try and figure out what this means, I'll help, an insurance company REQUIRES an alarm system to be fitted.

If that ever happens even the most sophisticated DiY alarm won't cut it.

They will require a professionally installed system with the necessary certificates and 24hr backup, maintenance contract etc.

See what I'm getting at?

ps - I'm not having a go.

And Slowalarms stop talking about things you know nothing.

i know your not having ago mate im not either, bernadgreens post has set my mind thinking.

Saying on the insurance application that you have no alarm fitted when there is something that is called an alarm system fitted is giving an un-truthful answer. Read the small sprint. Giving false information may mean the insurance policy is not valid. In the event of a claim that false information could easily be a reason for the insurance company to not pay the claim.

The honest answer is to say yes and give the type and condition of the alarm installed. Let the insurance company decide whether it is in their experience an alarm system or not.

some very good points, will read thorugh the policy book and get my insurances companys view on this.

yes at the end of the day its a alarm, but in my circumstances its not just a alarm, its a toy to me aswell, its fitted as a educational and hobby item.

i have used adobe to search the pdf of my policy wording, it does not return any searches for burglar intruder alarm, alarms are not mentioned in my policy book.also ny ticking no i belive it should be ok, because it is of no material gain for me to tick the no to "do you have a alarm fitted"

Found this, maybe what your after. Looking like a bit of a tech freak it maybe bit basic for you. :p

thats very basic, but as a way of talking to the alarm its still a handy feature to have, ideal for a mobile.

ive benn reading the texecom bluuurb but its not clear, i really want the panel connected to the router, so i can local wan into it from anywhere in the house to control it, and i want to dyns into the panel via laptop when i have lappy with me, or so i can log in from a mates house.

some very good points, will read thorugh the policy book and get my insurances companys view on this.

yes at the end of the day its a alarm, but in my circumstances its not just a alarm, its a toy to me aswell, its fitted as a educational and hobby item.

i have used adobe to search the pdf of my policy wording, it does not return any searches for burglar intruder alarm, alarms are not mentioned in my policy book.also ny ticking no i belive it should be ok, because it is of no material gain for me to tick the no to "do you have a alarm fitted"
Comes under their 'get out' of material facts. Knowingly witholding informaintion/facts about your property that 'could' affect the risk.

yes could affect the risk, your right but in ticking no to the alarm, im paying extra and a im higher risk brcause i dont have a alarm (the tick box), so not withholding anything that benefit me.

this needs claifying for my individual circumstance, i will email them but make it quite clear a front line advisors response will not be excepted, i will ask for it clarifying and put in writing from there legal department and see what they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back