Texecom veritas excel

Sponsored Links
“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever else remains, however improbable, must be the truth”

many people claim the impossible, and i dont read, but back to basics is the best way to track down those pesky little faults.

Hi guys I have not had a chance to work on the alarm fault, at the moment, to many outside jobs on, I am off to work away for a few weeks tomorrow, so job on hold untill I get back home again, anyway the misses wont use the alarm when I am at work, she frightened it might go off he he :LOL:

Hi guys just had a chance to have another look at problem, switched mains power off alarm and removed panel cover and reset alarm, while checking wiring after about 45 mins the alarm sounded again and I could not stop alarm so I disconnected the battery in panel and waited abt 15 mins for bell box to stop sounding , think I will have to disconnect battery in bell box until I get this fault sorted

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your back up battery in the control panel needs replacing if it's only giving you 45 minutes standby time.

Sounds like your back up battery in the control panel needs replacing if it's only giving you 45 minutes standby time.

Thanks for reply, the battery has been fitted for 5 1/2 years so I guess it is due for changing, it is still showing 12.25 volts , would a low battery cause it to go into alarm when the mains supply is disconnected

would a low battery cause it to go into alarm when the mains supply is disconnected
Yes,

If you measure the voltage on the battery when the mains supply is still connected you will get the voltage of the charging circuit and not the voltage that the battery will supply when the mains is not available.

The capacity of the battery will decline with age and can be estimated by the rate of decline of voltage when the battery is supplying power to the panel when there is no mains supply.

12.25 is low anyway,you are looking for 13.80 ,but then again battery voltage is nothing to do with the battery ah as you can have a 2.8ah battery with 13.80 with 0.23 ah

A healthy battery.

Voltage is NO indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way
that fumes smelt in your car fuel tank is NO indication that petrol exists!

would a low battery cause it to go into alarm when the mains supply is disconnected
Yes,

If you measure the voltage on the battery when the mains supply is still connected you will get the voltage of the charging circuit and not the voltage that the battery will supply when the mains is not available.

The capacity of the battery will decline with age and can be estimated by the rate of decline of voltage when the battery is supplying power to the panel when there is no mains supply.

Yes I did check battery voltage when battery was disconnected

I have got the power back on to the alarm panel , I am back to the original problem now where the pir sensor in zone 5 stopped working, I have disconnected all the 4 wires which were connected , I have parted the wires at the pir end so they are not touching and checked with a multimeter and there is no voltage showing,
I have checked all zone terminals on pcb in alarm panel blue and yellow wires and there is no voltage showing at the other zones, but I am curious to understand why there is 13.5 volts showing at zone 5 terminal which is the one I have all wires disconnected at pir sensor.
The 3 red wires from the 3 pirs are joined together as are the black wires and are connected to aux 12v connections on the pcb.
There are also 3 zones with magnets fitted to doors

Just to clarify, you say that you have disconnected all 4 wires from the
PIR are you on a Global Tamper (cables back to TAMP connections on panel) or EOL Tamper.
If you have a Global Tamper installation then you should have at least 6 wires to the PIR (pos and neg from AUX, 1 pair to Zone 5 and one pair as Tamper)

Did you check the red and black ( power pair as asked ? ) removing at both ends and twisting one end together ?

Just to clarify, you say that you have disconnected all 4 wires from the
PIR are you on a Global Tamper (cables back to TAMP connections on panel) or EOL Tamper.
If you have a Global Tamper installation then you should have at least 6 wires to the PIR (pos and neg from AUX, 1 pair to Zone 5 and one pair as Tamper)

Yes there are 6 wires in the cable to pir but the two tamper wires are not connected to pir

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back