Texecom Vertias 8 - going off with power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had a couple of power cuts recently which has made my Texecom Vertias 8 go off.

Is this default behaviour? I can understand the need for it but it's a bit annoying!

More worryingly is that I can't reset it until the power comes back. When I enter the code and hit reset nothing happens.

Admittedly it's not serviced - does the battery need replacing?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
You've hit the nail on the head with your last sentence, EVERY 4/5yrs without fail

Thanks - I know it's something I should do more often.

Any ideas about the actual issue though? The alarm should be able to reset shouldn't it?

Sponsored Links
No power no reset ! 😄 can you turn your television on in a power cut ?

So I need to replace the battery?

Sorry for the dumb questions! I'm sure in the past if there's been a power cut and the alarm has gone off I've still been able to silence it.

Yes and check after installing new battery either by a multimeter or by turning off the mains to see if the alarm acts as normal ( not ringing outside) This is what the battery is for ! To keep the alarm running in a power cut .

Nice one - thanks for the info.

Will see if the guy who fitted it is still in the game and get him out!

Cheers

Replaced in the last 4/5 yrs?

Yes :
Possibly, a faulty battery (needs to be replaced), unless you want to buy a £175 ish piece of battery test equipment that we all have to test your battery every year.

No :
Definitely needs to be replaced.

Replaced in the last 4/5 yrs?

Yes :
Possibly, a faulty battery (needs to be replaced), unless you want to buy a £175 ish piece of battery test equipment that we all have to test your battery every year.

No :
Definitely needs to be replaced.

Guessing it's around 3-4 years so probably worth getting it replaced!

Thanks again guys.

There are two batteries in most alarms, one in the control panel and the other in the siren box outside.

When you are losing power, the alarm is now switching off as the panel has no source of power. To the siren, this is the same as cutting the connection, so the siren is activating and alarm sounds

Hence Europlex's statement, the control panel battery should be changed every 4/5 years without fail, otherwise you end up in the situation you mentioned.

I'm not sure how often the battery in the siren needs to be changed though

Or ! Christmas Eve had a battery/ fuse fault on a gardtec panel , never been looked at since 2004, mmmm quick battery change and home time , took out battery , checked output .... 9volts ..... Get torch to check panel in a dark cupboard...... Burnt pcb .. So instead of a battery change new control panel !
Now try explaining this to the 20/30s generation who think everything should last forever and they don't have things serviced,😫

Everything lasts a lifetime, just the lifetime of batteries isn't very long and some shorter than others.

Regular service makes sure system is in best possible condition, just like having the car serviced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back