Texecom Vertias 8 zone question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I have my Texecom Vertias 8 setup so that a full set has all zones types set to 'guard' except for the hallway which is set to 'entry/exit'.

I don't currently use the part set function at all.

Would it be possible to use the part set 1 function so I can leave by the back door (when using my bike). For this to happen I'd need the zone types for kitchen and utility room also setting to 'entry/exit'.

Or can the zone types only be specified once.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes this is possible just program part set for your entry & exits for when you take your bike out. have front door set to instant

Just Make sure BELLS are enabled in part set :)

it's about seven years old.

So I *can* have different zone types specified for different sets (full/part)?

Sponsored Links
Option 21 turns zone to exit in part set don't forget to check zones omitted in part 5,6,7 default option 51 and 52

Familiarise yourself with inhibited entry too. Sounds like you have two zones as entry/exit, when one should ideally be inhibited entry.

Familiarise yourself with inhibited entry too. Sounds like you have two zones as entry/exit, when one should ideally be inhibited entry.

Yeah I read about that but didn't think it applied. Basically when using the part set option (to exit/enter via back door) I'd have to walk through the utility room and kitchen zones to get into the hallway zone where the panel is.

So for part set I've set the zone types for those three zones as entry/exit. Is that right?

Not quite .. it will work but is not ideal

Assuming that you will not enter through the hall / front door on your return, then the utility room should be entry / ext and the kitchen and hall should be inhibited entry.

This will allow you to enter and get to the keypad in the hall, but if an intruder enters the kitchen directly then the system will go into alarm without waiting for the entry delay to complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back