That time of year again!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mindless moronic half wits with nothing better to do than terrorize animals with fireworks, I sincerely hope they blow their hands off!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the one night. Would be easy to keep the cat out of harm's way - though the old codger is getting a bit mutton these days, so less painful for him. But it seems to start a week before, and go on for at least a week after. Don't the fools who let them off in late October realise what they're supposed to represent, and the DATE it happened?

I think that now the average IQ of UK residents seems to have slipped severely, and no one considers others, it's time for fireworks to be for organised displays only.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
An anarchist friend of mine once suggested the entire production of fireworks should be packed into the cellars of the Houses of Parliament and ignited. History was not one of his strong subjects.

Organised displays are sensible but a lot of effort and responsibility for those organising them. ( I am involved in one )

There is a thought that an organised celebration of an attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament could be seen as an organised celebration of an act of treason and thus punishable under the Treason Act ( or similar legislation )

Sponsored Links
An anarchist friend of mine once suggested the entire production of fireworks should be packed into the cellars of the Houses of Parliament and ignited. History was not one of his strong subjects.

Organised displays are sensible but a lot of effort and responsibility for those organising them. ( I am involved in one )

There is a thought that an organised celebration of an attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament could be seen as an organised celebration of an act of treason and thus punishable under the Treason Act ( or similar legislation )

Organised displays also often attract onerous and prohibitive levels of insurance.

Up until only a few years ago, I honestly thought that Guy Fawkes night was to celebrate the fact that he had tried to blow up parliament and not the fact that he had got caught. :confused:

Up until only a few years ago, I honestly thought that Guy Fawkes night was to celebrate the fact that he had tried to blow up parliament and not the fact that he had got caught. :confused:

I don't care what they say, I celebrate it for the fact that he tried!

As for the fireworks, on the council estate not a million miles from us they let off fireworks, regardless of the time of year, whenever one of their ilk gets out of jail!

Cant say I have a problem per se with individual displays but I agree they should only be set off over the relevant weekend and not after 11 pm. Have to say I've had pets most of my life and they've never seemed concerned by them.

Sponsored Links
Back