the bramble from hell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No matter what i do this rather large bramble keeps rearing its ugly head every couple of months. Its too deep in the ground to dig out (believe me i have tried!!!!!) and i have to take a hacksaw to it when bits sprout out. Can anyone suggest something that will kill it once and for all??

Sponsored Links
images

one of these?

a good couple of sprayings with a systemic weedkiller

Sponsored Links
SBK brushwood killer. Mix with paraffin as instructed and it does exactly what it says on the tin :evil:

Nerine said:
SBK brushwood killer. Mix with paraffin as instructed and it does exactly what it says on the tin :evil:

Thanks, i'll look into that! probably should have mentioned that i have a dog, but i'll check how toxic that concoction is and how long i would have to keep him off the garden.

You could try suppressing the little b-ugger with thick membranes of polythene weighted down heavily with bricks. Now surely not even a mighty bramble could survive that :D.

Tozzy said:
You could try suppressing the little b-ugger with thick membranes of polythene weighted down heavily with bricks. Now surely not even a mighty bramble could survive that :D.

It will, i twill just pop up some where else,weither people like it or not weed killer is the only way to go,it should not harm the dog as I do not think they eat brambles, or you could do what I do and live it and make jam out of the berries,Jesssus how I hate that jam :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back