The dangers of F1

Must be a sign of the times, of course it was a tragic accident and like anyone else I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. It is also correct that lessons are learned and procedures put in place to mitigate these things, but there does seem to be an awful lot of hand wringing going on. Motor racing is by it's nature a dangerous sport, everyone involved knows that and presumably accepts the risk.
Yes but, who places a solid object between safety barriers and track in bad traction conditions close to the place a car has just left the track with a 80/20 chance of malfunction / aquaplaning ? Surely another off was very likely.
Around 600 million shared between teams with the same amount going to our Bernie 1.2 billion in all for the season, not counting other income streams. Perhaps a rail type track infield of the barriers with a few mini tower cranes running up and down would do the trick (raise the max lift trolly-ed out or is it trollied? to 750Kg job done)
-0-

Sponsored Links
Must be a sign of the times, of course it was a tragic accident and like anyone else I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. It is also correct that lessons are learned and procedures put in place to mitigate these things, but there does seem to be an awful lot of hand wringing going on. Motor racing is by it's nature a dangerous sport, everyone involved knows that and presumably accepts the risk.
Yes but, who places a solid object between safety barriers and track in bad traction conditions close to the place a car has just left the track with a 80/20 chance of malfunction / aquaplaning ? Surely another off was very likely.
Around 600 million shared between teams with the same amount going to our Bernie 1.2 billion in all for the season, not counting other income streams. Perhaps a rail type track infield of the barriers with a few mini tower cranes running up and down would do the trick (raise the max lift trolly-ed out or is it trollied? to 750Kg job done)

-0-

I guess with 20/20 hindsight and I would expect lessons will be learnt, cold comfort for the unfortunates though.

-0-

I guess with 20/20 hindsight and I would expect lessons will be learnt, cold comfort for the unfortunates though.

Sorry Ed' not hindsight - Look up Martin Brundle 20 yrs ago, he narrowly missed a tractor but hit, and injured a track Marshal... Near misses, I bet there have been a few just are not recorded.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/martin-brundle--my-own-goal-1570271.html

Have some more !

Oh well there you go...
-0-

Well I would guess that attention is focussed more sharply when either the expensive drivers are injured or when there is potential risk to sponsorship, guess it's all about money, race marshalls are probably seen a collateral damage / expendable, not that that is right.

Sponsored Links
I was trying to show that it has happened that cars have gone off in the same place before - Hindsight not required - commonsense more like.

-0-

I hear the "paddock" are paying tribute to JB, before the race today in Sochi.

I wonder if they're also sparing a thought for the thousands being killed just up the road, in Ukraine.........

I hear the "paddock" are paying tribute to JB, before the race today in Sochi.

I wonder if they're also sparing a thought for the thousands being killed just up the road, in Ukraine.........

Wot the F****.

Back