The Dumbest girl in the world

I can't afford 50's and 100's - stuck between singles, unless you keep your wallet well organised (and you need a lot of singles in there for tipping).
You TIP people? :eek:
In some places you won't get out alive if you don't tip. :mrgreen:
I met a girl in Maryland who paid a restuarant to be accepted as a server ( waitress ). The income from tips in this restuarant made it worthwhile to "buy" hours of work rather than be paid per hour in a restuarent with less affluent customers.

Sponsored Links
I recall ( from a visit in 1988 ) that blind people had problems with American bank notes as there was no difference in size or texture between note of different denominations. During my last visit in 2002 I didn't notice any changes.
There have been some visual changes though. Starting in the 1990's the $5, $10, $20 and $50 bills got larger amounts printed on the lower right corner of the reverse, corresponding with the new obverse designs with larger portraits offset slightly to one side and the "less fussy" ornamentation. A more recent change has extended that, introduced a little more background color, and most recently put a very large "100" sideways across the end of the reverse of the $100 bill. The $1 bill hasn't undergone any of these changes and is still pretty much the same as it was 50 years ago. (The $2 bill hasn't had any of the later changes either, but they're relatively rare anyway.)

Of course, all those changes might help someone who is shortsighted, but don't do much for anyone who is totally blind.

Sponsored Links
Back