The house of 8 bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to find the right brick for a new extension. The house has had 4 extensions over the years (including a conservatory), plus a bricked-up external doorway. That plus the original makes 6 and we have both blue and red engineering bricks below courses depending on the extension/build.

Our best possible match is probably the latest 1995 1st-floor extension, as seen below. Anyone know what this is?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies.

Noseall, I think you may be onto something with Ibstock. I think the extension might be Himley Mixed Russet Original, as confirmed as likely by a local builders merchants. Unfortunately this is what I consider to be quite a poor reproduction brick these days, and both the brick-stuck-on-card sample I got and those at the merchants were spray-painted stock red dragfaced and had too much variation and buff/cream in them for my liking.

So I've considered the original house brick again...

This is the County Multi Dragfaced by Hanson which appears a very good match to the original house. If I can get them in 73mm (which Hanson say they make) then even better. I need to get a proper sample as Hanson cheapskates just send a photo on glossy paper. For starters how many bricks they sell are glossy?! Anyway the only thing is the white flecks - do people know if these weather out? The original house brick doesn't have these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back