THE NIGHT SHIFT

L

LooPrEvil

Several of you seem to post throughout the night time hours. Are you retired, and need very little sleep? What do you do during the day time?

Or is it just that possibly you work night shifts in jobs like security or supermarkets and get internet access through your mobiles etc to relieve the boredom?

Sponsored Links
Careful, you're heading down the same route as the Internet Police - aka Joe-90.

A multitude of reasons. Some of us may think daytime posting is strange.

They are all unemployed but too ashamed to admit it. ;)

I post at odd hours, I am a poor sleeper, waking up every couple of hrs or so, I'm also retired, so I have no schedule to keep.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I post at odd hours, I am a poor sleeper, waking up every couple of hrs or so, I'm also retired, so I have no schedule to keep.

That is another fair reason. I suppose it gives you company in the small hours.

My sleep patterns are shot from many years of 24/7 call out. A busy Alarm Engineer/Locksmith has to deal with that :D

I could sleep on a clothes line if I had to, be awake and refreshed after a hour or two. Personally I wish i could have a "standard " 8 hours a night. But I also find I need less sleep anyway now i`m a little older.

I love my sleep , I just dont have time to get enough of it.
A toddler means I get up at the crack of dawn every day no matter what and only get time to my self from 7.30 ish onwards.

Ahhhh children, mine are teenagers. They stay awake all night and sleep in till all hours, but it is school hols I suppose !

Several of you seem to post throughout the night time hours. Are you retired, and need very little sleep? What do you do during the day time?

Or is it just that possibly you work night shifts in jobs like security or supermarkets and get internet access through your mobiles etc to relieve the boredom?

so why are you posting at 7am on a Saturday morning? :eek:

I'm only posting at this time because I've been talking with my dad and sister on Skype.
FYI I started work at 9:00 am this morning and got back at 9:15 pm tonight. ;) ;) ;)
(PS, off to bed now as I'm absolutely knacked) See you lot in the morning) ;) ;)

Insomnia, brought on by companies using daft rotas, 6-2 for 10 days, then immediately switched to 3-11, then back again, then rotate.

If you do overtime on a 3-11 shift to 2am, then have to work 6-2 but overtime to 6-8, then work again, then next day do a 2-11....your body clock fails.

I will be awake for 3-4 days, no sleep required.

Apparently, there are rules against this, but the managers didn't find the rules agreeable. I was once called out at 3am, off duty, to fix something, knowing that I wouldn't get access...the manager was furious when I told him this, but I had to attend or be sacked....

He eventually had his way, and I was made redundant. And when his bosses found this out, HE was sacked, for sacking me.

Sponsored Links
Back