The V5C document

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of months ago, I started to receive replacement V5C's (log books) for my vehicles. They have changed from a blue format to a red format.
Swansea claimed that there have been a number of V5's stolen, so all log books would be forwarded in due course.
However, things have gone quiet on that front - some of my V5's remain blue! (I have 5 vehicles).
Has anyone any comments on this - or do I just have to wait?
Cheers and good evening, everyone
John :)

Sponsored Links
think you will just have to wait m8,iirc theres millions to send out.

mind you what do you think of the new mot's?
er just exactly how easy is it to copy??

I guess you're right - I got 2 new ones within a week before all went quiet.
The new MOT is just a plain printed document with no distinguishing features or marks :eek: My local Hi Q are doing MOT's for £25 :D
I thought that the screen stick on reminder on the old one was actually a good idea for once....which is probably why its gone :p
John :)

i thought the reason why the old 1 was produced was to cut down on the dogee 1s beeing punted,now as you say now just a piece of paper,your own home printer can quite easily produce these.

Sponsored Links
You could easily produce the MOT document yourself. Getting your Reg No. into the DVLA computer with a valid garage ID showing the date the MOT was passed is another thing altogether.

Police no longer ask for MOT when they want to "see your documents" they just look it up on the computer.

The new MOT cert is awful, it lists the advisory's on the same page,
one of mine was.. front and rear brake discs corroded, this was only surface rust, the car had been standing for over six months!
What impression would this give to a prospective buyer.
I believe this is aimed at giving garages more work, the motorist has a hard enough time as it is.

Wotan

The new MOT cert is awful, it lists the advisory's on the same page,
one of mine was.. front and rear brake discs corroded, this was only surface rust, the car had been standing for over six months!
What impression would this give to a prospective buyer.
I believe this is aimed at giving garages more work, the motorist has a hard enough time as it is.

Wotan

Doesn't it just say Yes or No to Advisory on the same page and then you get a list of the actual advisories on a seperate page ?

In which case, they may as well fail the car on the advisories, because if you want to sell the car before the next MOT the buyer is going to want anything shown fixing anyway !!!

As far as the MOT is concerned, if a child seat is fitted, the seat itself cannot be removed nor can the seatbelt securing it be unbuckled. Only what is visible can be checked and the reason for not carrying out a full test of that belt noted. This change came (reputedly) after a tester somewhere in the UK removed a child seat to test the seatbelt and did not refit it correctly, and an incident occurred.

I have one red V5C and still waiting on the other which is blue. The piece of paper for mot is not really needed as the pass is automatically recorded at the Vehicle @ operator services agency. The advisory items are recorded on the right hand side of the mot test certificate. After april this year air bags must work ( need to run the car into a wall to test it though ) and if a tow bar is fitted the light socket will be tested as well. A little more to screw the motorist, no doubt the price will go up as well.

Sponsored Links
Back