Thermostat shower sensitive temperature control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

We have a thermostat shower in our shower room the type that has the mixer exposed in a long chrome barrel , power on the left and temperature control on the right. It is very sensitive to movement of the temperature control, it goes hot to freezing with mm of movement. I'm assuming the cartridge is at fault but not knowing which brand of shower it is , is there anyway of getting a replacement cartridge?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Sure, its very similar to this.. havent removed the cartridge as i didnt want to do anything until I know i can get a replacement
architeckt-desna-rounded-thermostatic-00027868L.png

Sponsored Links
i ask this as if hot and cold are mixed up i.e been piped up on wrong sides of bar mixer shower,then that is exactly what will happen!! No control of temperature

otherwise if no work has been done in house of loft and pipes arnt swapped wrongly then it will be the cartridge.
ok

just double check ...turn on and touch left side fitting on bar mixer and make sure it gets hot, if it does get hot then its been piped up correctly

I`ve touched the inlet pipes when its been running and they are around the correct way. Main question is if it is the cartridge, can I just take it out and take it down the plumbers merchant or is it more complicated than that, ie finding the make and model of the shower thermostat first?

There easy enougth to get out, have a really close look on the ends and round the back of the shower ad most the time something is faintly written on or a picture which will narrow it down to a brand of shower

There easy enougth to get out, have a really close look on the ends and round the back of the shower ad most the time something is faintly written on or a picture which will narrow it down to a brand of shower

No , nothing written on it. Think its probably just some cheap chinese import. I noticed there is a kind of grub screw underneath the thermostat side. So i`m guessing its just undo that and a philips screw on the end behind the cover to remove the cartridge.

unless its still under warranty id seriously look at cost of part v's new bar mixer as you may find getting new mixer is better for you

actually think i found the whole thermostat shower valve on ebay for £27. it has the same decals on it but slightly updated appearance and the attachment is on the bottom not the top. Maybe i`ll ask them if they sell the cartridge separate. or like you say just get a whole new mixer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back